Temporary restriction on guests viewing PRE | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Temporary restriction on guests viewing PRE

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
Has anyone else experienced the 30 second between posts rule? I'd be surprised if too many post again so quickly. I tried it to see what message I got but it seems it mightn't apply to admins.

Does it mean we have to wait 30 seconds between posts?

I got this just now.
An Error Has Occurred! The last posting from your IP was less than 30 seconds ago. Please try again later.
Back

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks TF. Yes it means that for the time being. Our hosts asked us to make the change while we're trying to sort out the forum issues.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
weird bugs on the pre punters club thread Rosy. It wont give me a quote or reply button, only an ADD POLL and NOTIFY button. I can post on other threads, just not that one? :don't know

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ta Gollywog...just when I thought we were pest free. :help

I'm heading out for the day now but will look at it tonight. Would appreciate it if others let me know if they have the same problem on that thread.

In the meantime feel free to start a new thread and I'll merge them when I get home. :)

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
rosy23 said:
Ta Gollywog...just when I thought we were pest free. :help

I'm heading out for the day now but will look at it tonight. Would appreciate it if others let me know if they have the same problem on that thread.

In the meantime feel free to start a new thread and I'll merge them when I get home. :)

Just checked it out a bit more, and its definately only the punters thread. I posted on it about 8 last night with no probs, so sometime between then and now, a gremlin has snuck into the thread. My guess is Tom Waterhouse hacked it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Twasn't a gremlin this time. The thread had been accidentally locked sorry. The curser on my stupid touch screen computer probably hovered over it for a billionth of a second. Got a mind of it's own this thing.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure of its just me but the site seems to be struggling at the moment. Or maybe I am just loading a lot more posts than normal now that ignore feature has been disabled and I'm on the game day thread

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Working fine for me. How would the ignore function being disabled change things? The post box still shows.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
rosy23 said:
How would the ignore function being disabled change things? The post box still shows.

Exactly. I'm not sure why it was disabled for performance testing reasons.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Baloo said:
Exactly. I'm not sure why it was disabled for performance testing reasons.

I'd imagine the less things that need to be sorted and counted the better. The showing users on each thread is one function we've tried removing. It must use less resources to sift through posts and requests to ignore some than it does to just show the lot. I haven't noticed any problems with the forum today and nobody else has mentioned any. Might be a problem at your end.