Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
56 minutes work and they get paid the same as Novak and Roger

It's become a hackneyed comparison, but there has probably never been a more glaring example.

Interesting that Cricket Australia is putting up equal prizemoney for the men's and women's T20 World Cups next year. Not sure whether the men's prizemoney will be cut, or CA will make sacrifices elsewhere to keep the women happy. It's probably not going to come from gate takings.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Anyone watching Kyrgios? He's a dead set clown, he's playing look-away forehands and volleys.

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Anyone watching Kyrgios? He's a dead set clown, he's playing look-away forehands and volleys.

Might we ask Ash to don a suitable outfit for the US Open?

It’s tragic that she wore black and white last night.

Hey Tiger Ash, get on board with some yellow and black!

PC Police stand down.

Let’s get a US Open and Flag in 2019.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Might we ask Ash to don a suitable outfit for the US Open?

It’s tragic that she wore black and white last night.

Hey Tiger Ash, get on board with some yellow and black!

PC Police stand down.

Let’s get a US Open and Flag in 2019.

Ash is good mates with the Chimp, he should have a chat to Puma and ask them to make Ash an offer she can't refuse. Then she will be able to wear her Tiger clobber on court.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Kyrgios may just have run his mouth off too far this time, although the ATP must be wrapt with the publicity he generates so may be hard pressed to ban him for any length of time.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Kyrgios may just have run his mouth off too far this time, although the ATP must be wrapt with the publicity he generates so may be hard pressed to ban him for any length of time.
What did the Williams sheila ? get for threatening to kill a lines person ?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nothing because she has a vagine and is Black = untouchable otherwise the Race / Sexist Card gets played..

Kyrgios is a *smile* and needs to be suspended so he pulls his head in.

He's nothing more than a wanker and an ingrate that needs a $25 PerHour job like many so he can appreciate what he has.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A great weekend just got even better, Bianca Andreescu just wiped the court with Serena Williams in the final of the Us Open.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking tigerman. That is an incredible performance from a teenager in front of the most one-sided crowd you could find.

The presentation interview by Tom Rinaldi was shocking, his first 2 questions were about Serena, then he asks about her opponent than back to Serena. Why not do what they do here at Aust open, give them the mic and let the players speak for themselves at the presentation? And why is a crusty old white guy conducting the interview anyway? Given how pro equality they are in tennis it surprises me they didn't have a female interviewer.

But a great result. I'm sure in the post-game presser Serena will mention how she didn't play very well blah blah blah.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Exactly what I was thinking tigerman. That is an incredible performance from a teenager in front of the most one-sided crowd you could find.

The presentation interview by Tom Rinaldi was shocking, his first 2 questions were about Serena, then he asks about her opponent than back to Serena. Why not do what they do here at Aust open, give them the mic and let the players speak for themselves at the presentation? And why is a crusty old white guy conducting the interview anyway? Given how pro equality they are in tennis it surprises me they didn't have a female interviewer.

But a great result. I'm sure in the post-game presser Serena will mention how she didn't play very well blah blah blah.

What a story Bianca Andreescu is, 12 months ago she was ranked 208 in the world. She tried to qualify for last years US open but lost in straight sets.
Since then her record is 45 wins with only 4 losses :clap2 She's now number 5 in the world.

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
A great weekend just got even better, Bianca Andreescu just wiped the court with Serena Williams in the final of the Us Open.

Great result.
Didn’t watch it.

Warm out after the Tigers win so missed this match so heard it just now and came on here.

Kama may not allow Serena to get the one she wants!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Great result.
Didn’t watch it.

Warm out after the Tigers win so missed this match so heard it just now and came on here.

Kama may not allow Serena to get the one she wants!
No one deserves to be run over by the karma bus more than Serena.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Great to see Serena get knocked off in the US Open final ha ha ha ha.

Shame for the bloke but maybe its time the ungracious campaigner just retired.

Did Serena play the race card at all for the loss yet ?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Great to see Serena get knocked off in the US Open final ha ha ha ha.

Shame for the bloke but maybe its time the ungracious campaigner just retired.

Did Serena play the race card at all for the loss yet ?
She hasn’t done that publicly yet, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she did. She would be the most ungracious player I can ever remember seeing in the sport.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Medvedev after being 2-0 down looked to be down and out but has come out swinging to take the next 2 sets.
He's a fighter, i'd love to have Towner on one wing and Medvedev on the other.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Rafa won an epic, he was pushed to almost his limit. It's the most emotional i have ever seen him. On Medvedev's performance, he will go on to win majors.