Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kyrgios v Rafa will be some game to watch now on Monday night.
Wonder if Kyrgios will roll out the Rafa impersonation n seriously arc things up between them? Not expecting Kyrgios to be able to control the inner fruit loop n keep the tanties under control for the match, so expecting Rafa to win over four or five sets. Which would be a pity, blokes got the talent to easily take a slam or two n cement himself in the top three players if he could just keep a lid on the volcano when the pressure is on.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hoping Kyrios gets a royal flogging and makes a complete prick of himself.

Who was the Aussie who was pumped up years ago and played one of the big boys like Agassi of Sampras and barely laid a racquet on the ball?
Most likely to happen. I want Rafa to win the Open.

Wonder if Kyrgios will roll out the Rafa impersonation n seriously arc things up between them? Not expecting Kyrgios to be able to control the inner fruit loop n keep the tanties under control for the match, so expecting Rafa to win over four or five sets. Which would be a pity, blokes got the talent to easily take a slam or two n cement himself in the top three players if he could just keep a lid on the volcano when the pressure is on.
:mhihi Nice way to put it Maso. Agree.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Never does. Just plays like a showpony with his little tricks. Hasn't got the endurance and build to make top 10.

When he loses a big point there's fear in his eyes, but when Nadal does the same his eyes glint with steely resolve. I guess one's a champion and the other's a wannabe.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm not a Kyrios fan, but to his credit his demeanour this summer has been a lot better. I hope it's not because he's on 16 week suspended ban, time will tell.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm not a Kyrios fan, but to his credit his demeanour this summer has been a lot better. I hope it's not because he's on 16 week suspended ban, time will tell.
Everyone's got a 2nd mind, and that's his reminder when his 1st mind starts going negative. Nothing but a showpony to me. Give me someone like Ash any day of the week.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Some harsh criticism of Nick here. nadal is one of the greatest of all time. Nick did well, had a great tournament.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Some harsh criticism of Nick here. nadal is one of the greatest of all time. Nick did well, had a great tournament.
Clearly is working harder on his temperament which is good but did smash a racquet again last night. I’m not sure he’ll ever win a grand slam tournament. 5 sets seems to take so much out of him. Nadal even as a veteran just seemed so much fitter & more consistent.
Still an improvement.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Nick had a fantastic tournament and summer of tennis. Hope he can maintain the momentum. Great for the game.