Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Wouldn't want to create martyrs. There'll be no virgins left in Muslim heaven.

No, the apologists who commit treason. Treason is a capital crime, thought you'd be all over this one Lee.

Hopefully we can bring back more archaic crimes like sodomy and failing to adequately water your horse on a Sunday.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
antman said:
No, the apologists who commit treason. Treason is a capital crime, thought you'd be all over this one Lee.

Hopefully we can bring back more archaic crimes like sodomy and failing to adequately water your horse on a Sunday.

When the first mass atrocity happens here, I'd have no problem whatsoever with those attempting to justify it being rounded up and detained indefinitely as suspected traitors.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
When the first mass atrocity happens here, I'd have no problem whatsoever with those attempting to justify it being rounded up and detained indefinitely as suspected traitors.
I understand you're frustrated but this makes no sense.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigertim said:
I understand you're frustrated but this makes no sense.

It's called fascism. The nation above everything including such trivial freedoms like freedom of speech.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
martyshire said:
ISIS would be stoked if fascism took hold here (and across the West).

well if fascism also correlates to a rise in nationalism (which it obviously did under Nazi Germany), then it is starting to take hold.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You lot can put whatever spin you like on it, but civilian safety comes first, second and third. Or at least it should.

If a government refuses to protect its citizens, they will take it upon themselves to arm themselves illegally. Then you have a whole new set of problems.

AFAIC it all stems from the shutdown of honest debate.

*smile* Islam, *smile* Muhammad the child rapist, *smile* Apex and *smile* any *smile* who conspires to make Australia a worse place to live. Just *smile* off somewhere else, you don't belong here.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
This is your world view - and anyone who doesn't agree is therefore a terrorist sympathiser aand a traitor in your simple mind.

Sorry dude, the world is more complex than that.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
poppa x said:
The world may be more complex, but sometimes the simple solutions are staring us in the face.

What's that? Build a wall? Ban Muslim immigration?

Doesn't sound simple to me.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

im not trying to justify anything.
what/who exactly do you think should be banned?

martyshire

^^ Jack Graham that is
Aug 11, 2007
Rowville...or maybe London
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
*smile* Islam
:eek:
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
*smile* any *smile* who conspires to make Australia a worse place to live.
You are making Australia a worse place to live.

For all we know, some young Muslim kid has read your emotive post and is going to say something stupid at school tomorrow, which is going to cause some stupid white kid bully a Lebanese girl on the bus, which is going to cause her stupid brother to get arrested for vandalism and so on and so forth until more marginalised kids join gangs...or worse.

I'm all for honest debate but we have a responsibility to use our brains before saying things that make the situation worse. Currently we have a handful of angry kids and crazy people in this country. If we want to increase this number dramatically (i.e. from 0.001% to 0.1% would be huge), all we need to do is make 5% of our population feel unwelcome.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
martyshire said:
:eek:You are making Australia a worse place to live.

For all we know, some young Muslim kid has read your emotive post and is going to say something stupid at school tomorrow, which is going to cause some stupid white kid bully a Lebanese girl on the bus, which is going to cause her stupid brother to get arrested for vandalism and so on and so forth until more marginalised kids join gangs...or worse.

I'm all for honest debate but we have a responsibility to use our brains before saying things that make the situation worse. Currently we have a handful of angry kids and crazy people in this country. If we want to increase this number dramatically (i.e. from 0.001% to 0.1% would be huge), all we need to do is make 5% of our population feel unwelcome.

an excellent post.
Seems L2R wants to stoke a fairly dormant fire in Australia.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
martyshire said:

Sensible stuff, martyshire.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:
im not trying to justify anything.
what/who exactly do you think should be banned?

You're the one who mentioned "social inequity", which was used in the aftermath of the Paris massacre by deranged leftists to "explain" why innocent people were torn apart. That truck-driving *smile* sent $500K to terrorist family members before mowing people down. What social inequity was he facing?

It's insane that anyone wants to risk it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
martyshire said:

I'm not talking about race, you are. Someone should put a bag over Julian Knight's head. Martin Bryant too.

martyshire

^^ Jack Graham that is
Aug 11, 2007
Rowville...or maybe London
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'm not talking about race, you are.
Not really, just using it interchangeably with religion to illustrate what happens when we marginalise any given group.

You are talking about a religion. Not sure you can expect a 14 year old Muslim kid to question his faith within the context of what is typically a tight immigrant family unit. Also not sure you can expect that kid to understand you only have a problem with the religion he was brought up with, and not that you have a problem with everything about him and those he loves.
I'm not saying you do have a problem with this kid, but it only takes some lazy language here and some schoolyard bullying there.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
brilliant post martyshire. ↑ ↑ ↑

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
You lot can put whatever spin you like on it, but civilian safety comes first, second and third. Or at least it should.

If a government refuses to protect its citizens, they will take it upon themselves to arm themselves illegally. Then you have a whole new set of problems.

far more people have died in this country due to domestic violence in the past 15 years compared to terrorism. so what is our precious liberal govt doing to protect its citizens in this regard?