The 10 piece Beatles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The 10 piece Beatles

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Normally I start these silly threads with the boredom of summer, however as this is most likely the greatest list we’ve ever had, if not the leagues ever seen, so who is your top 10 Tiges , more on career then importance right now , however do it however you like it’s bloody hard, but bloody good

1 Martin
2 Rance
3 Cotchin
4 Reiwoldt
5 Grimes
6 Edwards
7 Lynch
8 Prestia
9 Vlaustin
10 Houli

Obviously Stack will be top 2 , however not qualified at this point.

While I’m at it my top 5 that most excites me going forward

1 Stack
2 CCJ
3 Balta
4 RCD
5 Ross

Pickett real special mention.

Reactions: 1 users
Dave would be in any other sides Top 10

Reactions: 1 user
Dave would be in any other sides Top 10
Bloody good footballer and probably underrated by the Tiger faithful, I know when I look at somewhere we could improve, usually Dave comes to mind, however I think that’s incorrect, may lack a yard but nearly always gets the job done, knows his limitations, flys the flag when needed and is a huge cog in that back half machine

In the Grand Final his man, whoever he went too, didn't get a disposal. Not one.

Its his ability to take his man out of the game that let's Grimes and Rance play the sweeper/goal keeper role. He's a rock.

Reactions: 4 users
Normally I start these silly threads with the boredom of summer, however as this is most likely the greatest list we’ve ever had, if not the leagues ever seen, so who is your top 10 Tiges , more on career then importance right now , however do it however you like it’s bloody hard, but bloody good

1 Martin
2 Rance
3 Cotchin
4 Reiwoldt
5 Grimes
6 Edwards
7 Lynch
8 Prestia
9 Vlaustin
10 Houli

Was thinking along simlar lines.
It really is unfair and maybe a bit of chicken-egg when you think that we have these 10 players who would be rated ELITE.

The point about Dave is also relevant when you consider players who we let go last year (Lloyd - 9 and Miles -7) are in the top ten of their new club's B&F.
The other one you can argue a case for is Lambert. Like Grimes, very highly rated inside but overlooked outside the club.

People are still going with the line '4 guns and a bunch of support players'

Best forward in the league, best mid and best defender.

1 Martin
2 Rance
3 Cotchin
4 Reiwoldt
5 Grimes
6 Edwards
7 Lynch
8 Prestia
9 Vlaustin
10 Houli

Obviously Stack will be top 2 , however not qualified at this point.

1 Stack
2 CCJ
3 Balta
4 RCD
5 Ross

Great thread Mr B.... heading to Tigerland for lunch, so will ponder the question as I reminisce :)

Btw.... Abbey Road just went back to No1 after 50 yrs.... as Molly would say... to all the youngsters on PRE.... "Do ya self a favour!"

Last edited:
Great thread Mr B.... heading to Tigerland for lunch, so will ponder the question as I reminisce :)

Btw.... Abbey Road just went back to No1 after 50 yrs.... as Molly would say... to all the youngsters on PRE.... "Do ya self a favour!"
If your in TigerLand you’ll have to get a pic with Molly :p

People are still going with the line '4 guns and a bunch of support players'

Best forward in the league, best mid and best defender.

Best forwardS in the league, best midS and best defenderS.

1 Stack
2 CCJ
3 Balta
4 RCD
5 Ross

Cant argue with anyone you’ve listed M.B but would like to throw some weight behind Eggman.
His courage to take the game on in tight congestion combined with a golden boot has me convinced he will become a very good player. Coming from a long way back but improvement has been significant. Probably in same trajectory as CCJ from where they both started although one was Captain of his State and had a professional framework around him whilst the other was a project from the bush.
Our development of players cannot be underestimated. It all started with Punt Rd ground redevelopment and establishment of our VFL team. Should always be in the conversation when trying to fathom how we returned as a powerhouse

Reactions: 3 users
1. Martin
2. Reiwoldt
3. Grimes
4. Lynch
5. Cotchin
6. Rance (we won a flag without him)
7. Prestia
8. Vlaustin
9. Edwards
10. Houli

Ask me tomorrow and that list will be different again.

Going forward:

1. Stack
2. CCJ
3. E-Smith
4. Balta
5. Higgins

In the Grand Final his man, whoever he went too, didn't get a disposal. Not one.

Its his ability to take his man out of the game that let's Grimes and Rance play the sweeper/goal keeper role. He's a rock.
Yeah I read that too but then I saw Himmelburger take a mark in front of him on the replay ...No matter Dave had a blinder and imo has now taken the mantle of the most underrated player on our list

it's a bright future when a young fella in his first year plays in the guts with aplomb. gets 20+ posses. has speed and poise, then tackles like a madman. but isnt the favourite future star
its time to wear your shades

Bloody good footballer and probably underrated by the Tiger faithful, I know when I look at somewhere we could improve, usually Dave comes to mind, however I think that’s incorrect, may lack a yard but nearly always gets the job done, knows his limitations, flys the flag when needed and is a huge cog in that back half machine

This is the problem with individualising in a team context. Astbury is really important in that last line unit.

based on cost You might not rate the water pump in your engine as all that important but take it out and see what happens.

Reactions: 1 users