Will the AFL ever be held accountable? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will the AFL ever be held accountable?

Off the back of the Ellis compensation, are the AFL?

• Corrupt

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Incompetent

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Both

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
So what was the difference between the Motlop and lycett deals?
Lycett had just finished a vg year with WC, after a promising yr before that.
Motlop has been inconsistent for several years and made Scott upset.
Lycett looked like a good prospect, Motlop not so much, but a high pick was needed by Geelong to help secure Gary.
Go figure what Geelong’s people in the AFL did next!

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder why none of us was surprised that we got bent over n ram raided again by the AFL.
Just laughable how dodgy n unaccountable the manipulators in suits are at H.Q. Polo n his mates still blatantly make up the rules to suit the outcomes they want every single time n no - one ever holds them to account.

Club's expressed it's " disappointment " n will now quietly shut up n get on with business. Us against them again n will be ecstatic if we rub the collective noses in the dirt by going back to back next year.

Reactions: 2 users
The language was very interesting, "thre was not quite enough points to secure an end of 1st round pick in 2019".

What?

Show us how you came about this AFL and the comparisons with Motlop, Lycett, Frawley etc.

The language was very interesting, "thre was not quite enough points to secure an end of 1st round pick in 2019".
The wording is correct. As the formula is of the % of players over 25 in each bracket then it will change year to year. I still doubt it changed enough over 1 year to be different to Lycett

Incompetent is the word. This sort of thing keeps happening because they make up things as they go. They have no processes and wind up being reactive to everything.

Reactions: 1 user
The wording is correct. As the formula is of the % of players over 25 in each bracket then it will change year to year. I still doubt it changed enough over 1 year to be different to Lycett

They need to be open about how they calculate these things. If it's legitimate there's no issue. If they instead decided that the automatic calculation created an anomalous result and they therefore overrode it they need to say that. All this conjecture and secret dealings just makes them look both incompetent and corrupt. Why can't they just be honest and up-front?

Thanks BR. Good to have you around to tell us what to think.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The words AFL and Integrity should never ever be used in the same sentence together.
Exceptions are the 'AFL has no integrity' or the "AFL has zero integrity' etc
I don't think anyone at the AFL can actually spell the word integrity, let alone know how to apply it.

• Haha