The 2014 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The 2014 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - THE AWARDS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Re: The 2014 PREmier Finals Tiger Award - 1st EF vs Port Adelaide - VOTE HERE

3. Lids
2. Houli
1. Grimes

JAM

Tiger Cub
Aug 11, 2014

3 Deledio
2 Miles
1 Rance

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005

3. Rance
2. Lids
1. Gordon

PBoRSM

How many kids do I have??
Jun 11, 2004

3. Maric
2. Houli
1. Rance

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014

3 Deledio
2 Miles
1 Rance

Gunsmoke

Tiger Rookie
May 4, 2009

3 - Grimes
2 - Miles
1 - Rance

fuzztiger

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014

3. Bachar Houli
2. Anthony Miles
1. Alex Rance

Feb 25, 2007

3 - Lids
2 - Houli
1 - Gordon

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay

Voting (for the year) is now CLOSED.

Stay tuned for the Awards in the coming weeks (I'll do my best!).

Thanks to everyone for voting and for those that provided reports.

vernissage

Tiger Matchwinner
May 28, 2005
Re: The 2014 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award - Awards in Preparation - STAY TUNED

My guess for the Punt Road End Jack Dyer:
Dusty

followed by Alex Rance; Deledio and Cotchin, notwithstanding a significant gap in games, followed by Brandon Ellis with a respectable poll from big Ivan.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Welcome to the 2014 PREmier Fighting Tiger Awards Thread.

2014 turned out to be a roller coaster of a season, with the much discussed 3-10 start and the Tigers going on to become the first team to make the finals from such a position. Even the most optimistic brightsider on PRE was questioning the direction of the team after loss after loss piled up, including inexplicable failures against the Bulldogs and Melbourne. The dream of back to back finals had vanished with half a season to go. We all know what transpired from that point, win after win after win. The tiger streak that ultimately snuck us into the finals was remarkable; topped off by the thrilling victory against Sydney in the final round to secure the spot. The roller coaster ride wasn’t over though. Swept up in the Tiger fever I joined the army for the journey west to face Port Adelaide at the Adelaide Oval and the joy was rapidly quashed in the space of 20 minutes as the Power dismantled the team in the first quarter. Despite another disappointing finals campaign, the season was memorable and saw the emergence of some key players for the Tigers’ future, but more about that below.

Let’s get down to the real business of this thread. The 2014 PREmier Fighting Tiger Award saw 1078 ballots cast by 117 Punt Road Enders over the 22 regular season matches. This is down by 165 ballots on the 1243 ballots cast in 2013. The Tigers’ winning streak helped reduce the drop off in votes that we often see in the second half of the season (50.7 voters in the first half vs 46.7 in the second half). The most popular round in 2014 was our round 2 victory against Carlton, where 73 ballots were cast (14 less than the 2012 record). Similarly to 2013, the season low came in our dramatic fade out at the hands of North Melbourne in round 12 where a new record low of 29 ballots were cast.

As always I like to acknowledge those who voted in all 22 rounds of the season:

:clap
WesternTiger (6 years running)
jb03 (6 years running)
evo (5 years running)
MB78 (4 years running)
YinnarTiger (4 years running)
Gunsmoke (2 years running)
MalenyTiger (2 years running)
SkillzThatKillz
SCOOP
JimJessTorp
Baloo
Rancey18
:clap

Many thanks for your support.

Before we begin the countdown I will clarify some of the information that is provided for each Richmond player:

Total Games For Richmond The career matches for Richmond (incl. Finals)

Total Votes The total number of votes accrued throughout the 2014 season (2013 also shown).

Rounds Played The number of games played in the 2014 H&A season (2013 also shown).

Historic Position The players position in previous PRE Player of the Year polls (NOL = Not on List; DNP = Did Not Place)

Average Votes/Round Total votes accrued / total games played

Highest Ranking (Round(s)) The highest ranking achieved and the round(s) that ranking was held.

Best Round (Votes) The round in which the player obtained the highest number of votes, which opponent the Tigers played in that round and the number of votes obtained.

Normalised Score (Rank) A score that normalises the votes to take out the ‘number of voters’ factor. This scoring system prevents players obtaining votes in ‘popular’ weeks from gaining an advantage. This is not official and just for your information. Theoretical maximum score is 100 – a player that got 3 votes on every ballot would score 100.

Richmond ‘Brownlow’ Votes (Ranking) This is also unofficial and for your information. It consists of a 3-2-1 voting system each week. This ranking tends to benefit players who are consistently in the top 3 players of the week.

Official Jack Dyer Medal Ranking Their finish in the official Richmond Best & Fairest.

Most Votes From The PRE member(s) who supplied the player with the most votes and how many.

Can I ask that everyone refrain from replying to this post until the awards ceremony is complete

Now with the formalities out of the way, let the 2014 PREmier Fighting Tiger Awards Thread begin!

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
PREmier Fighting Tiger Award 2014
FINAL RANKINGS

Not Ranked

Cadeyn Williams (40)

CadeynWilliams.jpg

Total Games For Richmond 0
Total Votes 0 (n/a)
Rounds Played 0 (n/a)
Historic Position ’07:NOL ’08:NOL ’09:NOL ’10:NOL ’11:NOL ‘12:NOL ’13:DNP
Average Votes/Rounds n/a
Highest Ranking (Round(s)) n/a
Best Round (Votes) n/a
Normalised Score (Rank) n/a
Richmond ‘Brownlow’ Votes (Ranking) n/a
Official Jack Dyer Medal Ranking n/a
Most Votes From n/a

After a second year on the rookie list in 2014, Cadeyn Williams wasn’t able to make enough of an impression in the Richmond VFL side to survive the end of year cull. I didn’t get to see a lot Cadeyn as he never really managed to threaten promotion to senior list, but good luck in the future.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
FINAL RANKINGS

Not Ranked

Kamdyn McIntosh(33)

Kamdyn+McIntosh+Richmond+Tigers+Training+Session+gzYJUZSqSg3l.jpg

Total Votes 0 (n/a)
Rounds Played 0 (n/a)
Average Votes/Rounds n/a
Best Round (Votes) n/a
Most Votes From n/a

2014 was another development year for Kamdyn McIntosh who did enough to earn a new contract for 2015. He shows a lot of potential as a running half back/wing and could turn out to be an important tall midfielder in the future. In the little I have seen of him, I was impressed by his willingness to take on his opponent (not always successfully!), and to run off the backline. He will be looking to make his debut in 2015.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
FINAL RANKINGS

Not Ranked

Liam McBean (34)

337099-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Total Votes 0 (n/a)
Rounds Played 0 (n/a)
Average Votes/Rounds n/a
Best Round (Votes) n/a
Most Votes From n/a

The divine McBean had a solid year continuing his development in the VFL side. He finished as one of the leading goal kickers in that competition, despite a few injury issues throughout the season. His goal sense and ability when the ball hits the deck are unquestioned, but now he needs to continue to develop his defensive work inside 50. I am pretty confident we will start to see his emergence in the seniors in 2015, with a little more bulk and bigger tank after another preseason.