The best games from the past to get on Name-A-Game??? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The best games from the past to get on Name-A-Game???

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Sometimes i wish i was born 20yrs earlier to witness the old (great) style of footy & our domination... :(

My recollection of some beauties in my time are:
- Both 95 games v bombers, semi is still the most enjoyable day of my life! Came home from the game to see my step brother (at that stage) had spray painted 'go bombers' on our basketball backboard in the driveway & then torn if down after the game. Twas beautiful, i almost didnt have to say a thing, but of course my silence lasted about 3 mins.
- A game v Nth at the G in 96 or 97, we hung on to win by a point when nth were a gun outfit.
- Another against Nth in '01 at the dome. Richo kicked a few incl a ripper stiff arm fend & goal, tivendale was red hot back then.

dptyl1

Tiger Cub
Jul 20, 2008
Rye
Hey Azza, we must be of similar vintage, I remember those games as some of the highlights of my tiger supporting career, you must also remember that Monday night in I think '05 when we came out in the first qtr against north and kicked 9 goals to 1 (i think), and then in 96 did a similar thing against west coast, I seem to remember seeing a young Fraser Gehrig taking eight bounces down the wing and looking at the scoreboard and seeing we were up by so much that it didnt matter

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
dptyl1 said:
Hey Azza, we must be of similar vintage, I remember those games as some of the highlights of my tiger supporting career, you must also remember that Monday night in I think '05 when we came out in the first qtr against north and kicked 9 goals to 1 (i think), and then in 96 did a similar thing against west coast, I seem to remember seeing a young Fraser Gehrig taking eight bounces down the wing and looking at the scoreboard and seeing we were up by so much that it didnt matter

Absolutely identical vintage id say mate. I certainly recall the 95 Nth game with the 1st qtr from heaven, i also recall from that game Brett Allison taking the worst dive in history in the goal square & sucked the ump in. No one even came near him, hated him from that point on. Another 95 ripper vs pies when the great Knighta had a blinder 30+ touches (when 30 still meant something). Oh the memories, may they be relived soon......