The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

I recall you and I were hot on Billings from a year before his draft. Hasn't quite become the player we thought he would, but on a reasonable salary as a free agent he'd add to our side. I see him more of a Lambert high-half-forward.
Yeah, I had huge hopes for him. He has been solid without being spectacular. I could see him rolling in the Lambert role, not sure he has that type of tank. But he could fill so many roles for us. Price the key tho.

I reckon we are short of that high half forward who can mark. Believe it or not I'm not opposed to approaching Tommy Adelaide Lynch on cheap money. I actually thought he looked ok the last couple of times I've watched the Crows.

Last edited:
I recall you and I were hot on Billings from a year before his draft. Hasn't quite become the player we thought he would, but on a reasonable salary as a free agent he'd add to our side. I see him more of a Lambert high-half-forward.
Yep - high half forward running hard to get clear then doubling back and delivering to our forwards. That's his role. I'd like to see us try Short in this role also.

Reactions: 2 users
Billings and Schlensog for free, Narkle for a third, Dow for a second. Go to the draft with two firsts, a second and a third. Draft two mids and a couple of keys like Amiss. That would be a great off-season.

Reactions: 4 users
Billings and Schlensog for free, Narkle for a third, Dow for a second. Go to the draft with two firsts, a second and a third. Draft two mids and a couple of keys like Amiss. That would be a great off-season.
You would need then to offload 7 players from this year's list.

Reactions: 1 user
What's the knock on Billings for the saints to offload him?
If I recall the saints were hoping for a classy mid, sort of a Bolton type.
Is it just cash? Having brought in Hill Ryder Crouch Jones Higgins DougalHoward Carlisle they have biggered their salary cap.

And maybe that Higgins and Bolton have that half forward role. So we would be swapping players for the same role.
Odd

Caddy and Faarts are contracted next year sadly
Garthy. Maybe Down the line Dave.
Caddy is a likely trade out so he can at least play.
Point is that a delisting of 8 players isn't so hard (actual legal contracts notwithstanding :D)

What are peoples thoughts on looking at someone like Sam Weideman?

Is he someone we should target as a succession plan to Jack?