The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

We wanna contend again?

Get two top 8 picks.

Let’s throw everything at nabbing two gilt-edged midfielders for the next decade.

Lose to Hawthorn and the first pick is in the bag.

I’d package our other first rounder, a second rounder and a Baker type into a second top 8 pick.

Aggressive, yeah. But it could slingshot us right back into contention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
We wanna contend again?

Get two top six picks.

Let’s throw everything at nabbing two gilt-edged midfielders for the next decade.

I’d package our other first rounder, a second rounder and a Baker type into a second top six pick.

Lose to Hawthorn and we'll have pick 9 (if St Kilda wins) or 10 (if Freo wins) after Darcy and Daicos bids - unless we get flogged and Carlton flogs GWS, then we'll have pick 8 or 9 after bids.

I think Freo will beat St Kilda and Hawthorn will definitely beat us. The Cats unfortunately look like making a prelim at least. That gives us 8, 16-18, 25, 26, 40, 44 before bids.

It's early days without much form to go off but I don't see the very top of the draft being as good as some years. Especially after the top 4 (Daicos, Horne-Francis, Darcy, Callaghan). I think you're giving up too much. But we should definitely be aiming to trade up. The Geelong pick and a second-rounder for a top-10 pick and a third-rounder sort of thing.

Reactions: 3 users
We wanna contend again?

Get two top six picks.

I’d package our other first rounder, a second rounder and a Baker type into a second top six pick.

If we could get our hands on the Dogs' first, then use that and Geelongs pick to get us inside the top 10.

Lose to Hawthorn and we'll have pick 9 (if St Kilda wins) or 10 (if Freo wins) after Darcy and Daicos bids - unless we get flogged and Carlton flogs GWS, then we'll have pick 8 or 9 after bids.

I think Freo will beat St Kilda and Hawthorn will definitely beat us. The Cats unfortunately look like making a prelim at least. That gives us 8, 16-18, 25, 26, 40, 44 before bids.

It's early days without much form to go off but I don't see the very top of the draft being as good as some years. Especially after the top 4 (Daicos, Horne-Francis, Darcy, Callaghan). I think you're giving up too much. But we should definitely be aiming to trade up. The Geelong pick and a second-rounder for a top-10 pick and a third-rounder sort of thing.
*smile* corrupt AFL draft. We'll have to aim for two top 10s spooker :) I'll revise the post

we have the hand to be super aggressive in a massive up yours to the AFL and the industry at large.

after the year we've had, you could easily imagine a directive from the top down - *smile* them. *smile* them all. bite deep into the top 10 and get a couple of engine room mids.

poach the best clearance coach in the land and study the *smile* out of current stoppage trends. train soldo and ryan to sync with a hunting midfield unit. play nank as a burst weapon to work the oppo ruck over and drop back.

cotchin is suffering with the hard-running turnover game. his value returns as a ball hunter. prestia is a ball hunter, lambert and edwards can distribute in close. RCD represents heaps more value to us if we become a clearance-based team. martin and bolton on the outside to pump it in to six dangerous forwards.

two ready made engine room mids. enough with this fiddling with picks 30-50 in the hope of winning the lottery. use your imagination, Blair!

Last edited:
we have the hand to be super aggressive in a massive up yours to the AFL and the industry at large.

after the year we've had, you could easily imagine a directive from the top down - *smile* them. *smile* them all. bite deep into the top 10 and get a couple of engine room mids.

poach the best clearance coach in the land and study the *smile* out of current stoppage trends. train soldo and ryan to sync with a hunting midfield unit. play nank as a burst weapon to work the oppo ruck over and drop back.

cotchin is suffering with the hard-running turnover game. his value returns as a ball hunter. prestia is a ball hunter, lambert and edwards can distribute in close. RCD represents heaps more value to us if we become a clearance-based team. martin and bolton on the outside to pump it in to six dangerous forwards.

two ready made engine room mids. enough with this fiddling with picks 30-50 in the hope of winning the lottery. use your imagination, Blair!

With Balmey's money potentially off the books, you should put your hand up @Carter and become the Blair Whisperer. ..... got my vote!

Reactions: 1 user
With Balmey's money potentially off the books, you should put your hand up @Carter and become the Blair Whisperer. ..... got my vote!
thanks trial, but I am just a mug on the terraces. we DO have a nice draft hand though, and I reckon the club is seething at the entire comp right about now.

why buy three or four muscle cars when you can get a couple of ferraris? jump right back in with a clearance gameplan, new midfield and revitalized captain

thanks trial, but I am just a mug on the terraces. we DO have a nice draft hand though, and I reckon the club is seething at the entire comp right about now.

why buy three or four muscle cars when you can get a couple of ferraris? jump right back in with a clearance gameplan, new midfield and revitalized captain

That should be the plan. Plus the whole list will have an extended break, with time for injuries to heal.

When played there, Shai is arguably our best centre clearance midfielder. Must be a mid resting fwd IMO - not a fwd/mid

Reactions: 2 users
Given we need a ready-made KPD, here's a few fringe presumably cheap(ish) players that would potentially have a greater chance of a game at Tigerland next season: Young, H.Edwards, Gould, Melican, Battle, Clavarino, Petty, O'Brien, Hartley, Hartigan, Buckley, *Logue, Zerk-Thatcher, Wilson, *Marchbank, McStay, Ballenden, McAsey, Worrell

*Injury plagued

So what we have read so far we are targeting;
Cerra
Hopper
Green
Narkle
Lipinski
Wallis
Billing’s

For me the first 3 are a pipe dream.

Therefore I could see us getting 2 of the others mentioned. All fit a need. None will cost a first round pick.

Use Picks 8, 17 , 25 & 40 at the draft

Pick 26 for one of Narkle or Lipinski

Billing’s or Wallis as free agents.

I think that would be a successful trade/draft period.

Correct. It all starts at the centre bounce. You could have Jesus Christ at FF with Mother Theresa crumbing at his feet, but if you can't get the pill out of the middle, you don't stand a chance in Hell - or Heaven (take your pick).
Everyone knows Mother Theresa is a half back flanker mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
anyone else feel kinda warm and fuzzy about this off season?

reminds me of years gone by when we were so *smile* that this was all we had to look forward to.

a full six months of dreaming and debating our best round 1 lineup, the pure joy of watching other teams belt each other in September.

I think Dimma mentioned in his presser that finals campaigns back to back and going so deep is like adding another season over 4-5 years!!! we are rightly exhausted and in need of a long break.

we have the best cultural framework in the land, some genuine currency both off and on-field and have become a destination club.

a long, hot summer ahead and I kinda like it.