The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
We need some speed at this draft. None of our recent draftees have serious wheels. A Dan Butler type late in the draft would be handy.

2 mids that win their own ball, 2 talls and someone who has the speed to play wing.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Oh sure, an astute Talia type insertion here and there without losing the high picks and we’re good.
4 picks in the top 30, Talia and Narkle. Add an injury free season to our key players and you can bank on us being at the pointy end next year.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Surely coniglio wants out after last years very public lashing from the cu#t coach? I recon gws woul let him go cheapl. If we want to top up with mids Cj and one of our first picks for coniglio and green or Holland’s?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With big trades in Cerra & possibly Neale looking to facilitate moves home, it made me think deeper about some of our own yet unsigned player's situations.

Let's be honest here, the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID would be playing on players minds like the rest of us.
Continuous border closures means seeing family & friends has never been more difficult.
Those players who've packed up & moved interstate in recent times could not have foreseen these challenges as they chase their AFL dreams.
As of right now the country is divided & has been for much of the pandemic.
The hard border closures of Qld & WA in particular right now would be in many player's consideration.

On our list?
WA - Currently we have Stack & Pickett yet to commit. Both have family & friends in WA.
Qld - Chol has a big family in Queensland & will no doubt be looking to return home.
SA - Coleman-Jones is a SA lad.
Dan Rioli too only signed a 1 year deal recently.
There may be others with contracts set to be renewed (both from our club & those interstate) factoring it in as they look to return home.

Now before people jump, I'm not saying all of these player's current contract situations are being affected by the geological challenges of the pandemic. However right now is pretty far from normal & would be taking it's toll on footballers like the rest of us. They're only human.
Players would at least be taking social support networks into consideration. Particularly those with young families.
I'm not too quick to jump on decisions if players want to move under these highly unusual times.

Just another level of complexity for ours & other club's list managers.
Be interesting to see what plays out..

Reactions: 4 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
With big trades in Cerra & possibly Neale looking to facilitate moves home, it made me think deeper about some of our own yet unsigned player's situations.

Let's be honest here, the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID would be playing on players minds like the rest of us.
Continuous border closures means seeing family & friends has never been more difficult.
Those players who've packed up & moved interstate in recent times could not have foreseen these challenges as they chase their AFL dreams.
As of right now the country is divided & has been for much of the pandemic.
The hard border closures of Qld & WA in particular right now would be in many player's consideration.

On our list?
WA - Currently we have Stack & Pickett yet to commit. Both have family & friends in WA.
Qld - Chol has a big family in Queensland & will no doubt be looking to return home.
SA - Coleman-Jones is a SA lad.
Dan Rioli too only signed a 1 year deal recently.
There may be others with contracts set to be renewed (both from our club & those interstate) factoring it in as they look to return home.

Now before people jump, I'm not saying all of these player's current contract situations are being affected by the geological challenges of the pandemic. However right now is pretty far from normal & would be taking it's toll on footballers like the rest of us. They're only human.
Players would at least be taking social support networks into consideration. Particularly those with young families.
I'm not too quick to jump on decisions if players want to move under these highly unusual times.

Just another level of complexity for ours & other club's list managers.
Be interesting to see what plays out..
No One in their right mind would want to return to this god forsaken State - Victoria.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Surely coniglio wants out after last years very public lashing from the cu#t coach? I recon gws woul let him go cheapl. If we want to top up with mids Cj and one of our first picks for coniglio and green or Holland’s?
Coniglio used to be a very good player but he hasn't been for a couple of years now. Not sure why, maybe physical?

You would suspect if he leaves it would be home to WA but that is not always the case

Reactions: 1 user