The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

We may be at cross purposes. I am talking about the Chol compensation which was end of 2nd, the Ellis compensation was a 2nd rounder but essentially was the same because we won the flag

Yeah sounds like we said the same thing in 2 different ways :)

Reactions: 1 user
We’re working with the bulldogs to get their pick 17 exchanged for some of our later picks.

Richmond and the Western Bulldogs are exploring a trade that would see the Tigers land Pick 17 in exchange for later selections to help facilitate father-son prospect Sam Darcy’s move to Whitten Oval, reports 7 News’ Tom Browne.

It comes as Richmond received an end of second-round compensation pick (No. 38) for free agent Mabior Chol signing with Gold Coast Suns.

The Tigers are now armed with a strong hand ahead of the November National Draft, holding Picks 7, 15, 26, 28, 38, 40 and 44.

And with Darcy expected to receive a bid with one of the early selections, the Dogs need to add draft points, currently only holding Picks 17 and 72.

“The Tigers have five picks now in the second and third rounds. Richmond can in effect group those up for Pick 17,” Browne said.

“The Dogs can then use those draft points for their star father-son prospect. That’s what they’re working on behind the scenes.”

Richmond and the Western Bulldogs are exploring a trade that would see the Tigers land Pick 17 in exchange for later selections to help facilitate father-son prospect Sam Darcy’s move to Whitten Oval, reports 7 News’ Tom Browne.

It comes as Richmond received an end of second-round compensation pick (No. 38) for free agent Mabior Chol signing with Gold Coast Suns.

The Tigers are now armed with a strong hand ahead of the November National Draft, holding Picks 7, 15, 26, 28, 38, 40 and 44.

And with Darcy expected to receive a bid with one of the early selections, the Dogs need to add draft points, currently only holding Picks 17 and 72.

“The Tigers have five picks now in the second and third rounds. Richmond can in effect group those up for Pick 17,” Browne said.

“The Dogs can then use those draft points for their star father-son prospect. That’s what they’re working on behind the scenes.”
It was a really interesting article til I got to “Tom Browne”.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Righto. So.

Many have expressed the opinion we should do whatever it takes to give us the best chance to win another flag while we have Dusty and co. Some argue that's why we should get Tom Mitchell. :sick:

Others have mentioned the bloke who footballwise is perfect for us: De Goey.

Mitchell wins contested ball and clearances, yes. Then handballs it backwards or kicks it up and under. Is that going to match or beat Petracca and Oliver exploding out the front of packs? No.

De Goey can. Look at Jake Stringer and Petracca, the two footballers most like him. De Goey has another level to go to. We could have one of him and Dusty on-ball and the other forward at all times.

Collingwood is still in salary cap trouble. I reckon we have wiggle room. It would take two 2022 first-rounders: so, we get 17 from the Dogs - that is a must. Then we target teams that have no 2021 first-rounder, say Carlton once they trade 6 for Cerra, and Melbourne. 15 to Carlton for their 2022 first, 17 to Melbourne for theirs. Now we have three 2022 first-rounders, trade two of them for JDG.

On the proviso we can afford to pay for him and he passes the character test (that's the big question), it would put us right back in the frame for the flag.

The other is Yeo.

Reactions: 4 users
Righto. So.

Many have expressed the opinion we should do whatever it takes to give us the best chance to win another flag while we have Dusty and co. Some argue that's why we should get Tom Mitchell. :sick:

Others have mentioned the bloke who footballwise is perfect for us: De Goey.

Mitchell wins contested ball and clearances, yes. Then handballs it backwards or kicks it up and under. Is that going to match or beat Petracca and Oliver exploding out the front of packs? No.

De Goey can. Look at Jake Stringer and Petracca, the two footballers most like him. De Goey has another level to go to. We could have one of him and Dusty on-ball and the other forward at all times.

Collingwood is still in salary cap trouble. I reckon we have wiggle room. It would take two 2022 first-rounders: so, we get 17 from the Dogs - that is a must. Then we target teams that have no 2021 first-rounder, say Carlton once they trade 6 for Cerra, and Melbourne. 15 to Carlton for their 2022 first, 17 to Melbourne for theirs. Now we have three 2022 first-rounders, trade two of them for JDG.

On the proviso we can afford to pay for him and he passes the character test (that's the big question), it would put us right back in the frame for the flag.

The other is Yeo.
If Stringer had't signed on for another 3 years, he'd be the one I'd want.

The Cap is the issue though, Dusty, Lynch and De Grey would take up too much cap space.

How much points value are picks 28, 38, 40, compared to 17? or are 38, 40, 44 enough?

Can someone call the club and wake this bloke up.
We need a midfielder now

Probs right, tman.

JDG over Stringer for me, but both exactly the right type.
Who's the closest like for like to them in this years draft, that player should be a target. Stringer really won me over this year, 41 goals and 84 clearances.

are we at risk of ending up with so many picks, especially in that 30-50 bracket, that we end up passing top 50 picks?? In a big clean out season this would have been perfect but need to work into more higher order picks or 2022 swaps. Still a way to go before the trade period ends, just don't want to be the market stall table where other teams say we got our picks from other sellers.

are we at risk of ending up with so many picks, especially in that 30-50 bracket, that we end up passing top 50 picks?? In a big clean out season this would have been perfect but need to work into more higher order picks or 2022 swaps. Still a way to go before the trade period ends, just don't want to be the market stall table where other teams say we got our picks from other sellers.
Reckon we will trade out of them either to move up this year or trade into next year. Don't forget we can still trade out picks on draft night.

Pretty frustrating at the moment, all I am hearing so far is every other club getting involved in trades and pick swaps.
Let get a piece of this action tigs. Cmon!!

so, we get 17 from the Dogs - that is a must. Then we target teams that have no 2021 first-rounder, say Carlton once they trade 6 for Cerra, and Melbourne. 15 to Carlton for their 2022 first, 17 to Melbourne for theirs. Now we have three 2022 first-rounders, trade two of them for JDG.
Well, the bolded bit was on the money, at least!

Who's the closest like for like to them in this years draft, that player should be a target. Stringer really won me over this year, 41 goals and 84 clearances.
I don't think there is anyone of that ilk this draft, or he'd be going top 5.

Nice.

So the dogs should be happy with picks 38, 40 and 44 for pick 17. If anything they need to throw a late pick back to us.

How many points will they need for Darcy say he gets a bid at 2 or 3 taking into account the discount?
Dogs reported to have done a deal, trading out 17 and 75 for 23, 44, 45, in a four-way deal. Melbourne training their 2022 first for 17, Adelaide giving up 23 for Melbourne's first, some other shuffling.