The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Unfortunate reality is North will offer whatever they feel like or just walk CCJ through to the pre-season draft.

Unless its a minimum of pick 20, we should let this happen and publicly shame the player and his manager for letting it happen. He'll carry it for the rest of his career, especially when they play us.

In relation to North (non-supported club as it is), what goes around comes around. If their plethora of young talent ever gets any good, we can come along and swoop when the time is right. They'll keep.

Don't get me wrong, i want pick 20 for him as a minimum and would be filthy with North for anything less. I'm just doubtful they'd be willing to part with Pick #1.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree - no way would they do that. Horne-Francis looks like a star.

and that is why we should be asking the question

Someone has rated him similar level to Rowell

North may not budge but doesn't stop us asking how high we have to jump to get pick 1. If he is as good as Rowell we have our Dusty replacement and we may never get a draft hand good enough again to genuinely ask

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Caesar - as I cant bring myself to listen to that show!
Seems far fetched - isn't Lobb on $700k plus.

Did you hear the caller y/day who rang in and suggested GCS trade Pick 3 for Dixon, Clurey and Hartlet?:ROFLMAO:

No didn't hear that one, there is plenty of crazy *smile* going around, saw some headline probably H/S, should Richmond throw kitchen sink at getting Jaegar O'Meara :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
OMEARA,LOBB, FFS SUPER DUPER YUK AND EXPENSIVE, why cant we just keep top 4 picks and see what offers we get on draft night,we put out some feelers but its got to be at least win win or in our favour ,why, because we have a shitload of picks that are wanted.

The only player I want instead of our picks is Taranto. If we could get him out of the Giants, our picks are on the table. If we can't then we trade up and get some young talent into the side.

Reactions: 6 users
No didn't hear that one, there is plenty of crazy *smile* going around, saw some headline probably H/S, should Richmond throw kitchen sink at getting Jaegar O'Meara :rolleyes:
That came from Jon Ralph who is "supposedly" a Tiger supporter. FFS why would we trade anything for that broken down overrated midget?

Reactions: 4 users
this is a big "if"!
if we can somehow land bulldogs' first rounder for our multi picks and get 17, could we swap 15 with any team who finish below for their next year's .
Reason, with the talk of B King becoming available, we want a big piece of him or at least have a decent shot!
this leaves us with 7,17,26 plus ccj for 2021 draft. We have four spots or may be 6 depending further delisting. Pick 3 under 30 selections and another. Save one spot for Pre season.
Would we do this? Only if the Blair & Co have had secret discussions with b king's agent.
if we don't get him, we will still have 2 first rounders in 2021 & 2022. Plus push up B King exchange if he elects to go elsewhere, make the other club offer more.

OMEARA,LOBB, FFS SUPER DUPER YUK AND EXPENSIVE, why cant we just keep top 4 picks and see what offers we get on draft night,we put out some feelers but its got to be at least win win or in our favour ,why, because we have a shitload of picks that are wanted.
Errr…we can joker.

Reactions: 1 user
Would we do this? Only if the Blair & Co have had secret discussions with b king's agent.
This is a fantastic theory: we let CJ go as he wasn't going to play ahead of JR and TL next year, or ahead of BK in 2023. Plus we get a pick to use on him: maybe it's a future pick.

The Essendon rumour is a smokescreen.

If only...

Dunno why we don't go in for a Phil In for an inside bull and Braydon Sier

Pick 3 will likely become pick 5 on the night (after Darcy and Daicos) which is worth 1878 points.

So what you’re saying is Pick 3 is not actually worth 2234 points, it’s worth 1875 points in actual value + 359 points of anticipated “bidding value”?

Is the “value“ of pick 3 meant to include this anticipated value of demand for currency outside the normal draftable population?

I mean, the supply doesn’t change. The 3rd pick is still the 3rd pick, even if 2 different population picks are inserted above them. So how else would the value decrease?

I’m struggling to understand how people talk about the external picks (e.g. Father Son / Academy) when they “change” the value of the normal draftable talent pool.

I keep thinking the 10th most desirable talent (of the normal draftable population) is always the same value of pick 10, even if pick 10 is eventually labelled “pick 13” later on. Am I missing something?

So we now have

2 first round picks
3 second round picks
2 third round picks

and the CCJ pick to come in

Blair must think this is Christmas

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users