The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
My thoughts are that if Cotch goes then Dusty will ask for a move. Those two are very tight and I just cant see Dusty wanting to come to training etc without his best mate there....
Cotch won't be at any other club either.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was being facetious to make a point. Crouch might be better than Dunstan. Herpes is better than syphilis.
I have heard this view over and over again from some on this site yet we continue to get smashed around the contest and in clearances.
Matt Crouch is not your typical Richmond footballer but he is a proven accumulator around clearance albeit around the ground rather than in the centre. We need players who can give us this but so many just “meh” when such players become available.
It doesn’t have to be Crouch but to solve our clearance issues we need inside mids, clearance mids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I have heard this view over and over agin from some on this site yet we continue to get smashed around the contest and in clearances.
Matt Crouch is not your typical Richmond footballer but he is a proven accumulator around clearance albeit around the ground rather than in the centre. We need players who can give us this but so many just “meh” when such players become available.
It doesn’t have to be Crouch but to solve our clearance issues we need inside mids, clearance mids.
I agree with your last sentence. It definitely doesn't have to be Crouch. Aim higher.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I agree with your last sentence. It definitely doesn't have to be Crouch. Aim higher.
Matt Crouch has been a very good player in a very good team but let's leave it there.

We can aim higher but have to be prepared to pay the price. The other tactic is to pick players who are clearly not reaching potential where they are. I have seen a few musing about why we didn't chase Brodie as an example but if his name was mentioned this time last year there would have been plenty posting " why would we recruit a player who can't get a game at the Suns" ?

I would be looking really hard at whether there are other Brodies out there who could flourish at Richmond rather than where they are.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
We need midfielders or one at least who is ready made, Angus Brayshaw, Josh Dunkley, Tim Taranto or the like

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
My thoughts are that if Cotch goes then Dusty will ask for a move. Those two are very tight and I just cant see Dusty wanting to come to training etc without his best mate there....

Yep If cotch goes one more it will help keep Dustin at Punt Road for another year at least.

Jack and King Chimp both play on next year, I've got no doubt about this at this time.

Gotta stagger the retirement's and the earlier than expected retirements from Caddy Lambo and likely Shane will have the club wanting to keep the 2 great leaders for one more season..

Bauer will be trained up by JR8 over the next 18 months to take over from him.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Midfielders, and that includes a top class ruckman. Having seen the advantage Gawn, Darcy, Natanui and Ryder provide at clearances, I would target a top class ruck in addition to running players. No question Nank is a competitive beast but his strength is not winning taps. Clean clearances are gold in AFL right now.
and do what with Nank? Trade him? play him in the VFL?
Nank has proven himself to be the best September ruckman in the league over the last 5 years. I would wait til that is disproven before even considering trying to "upgrade".

Reactions: 3 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
and do what with Nank? Trade him? play him in the VFL?
Nank has proven himself to be the best September ruckman in the league over the last 5 years. I would wait til that is disproven before even considering trying to "upgrade".
No. If we're going to play 2 Rucks he is a key part of that combination.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don’t know if there is any truth in the Dusty rumours but I have been wondering whether if it is true this is the background.
If Cotch, Jack and Shedda go then there aren’t many left who came though with Dusty. Grimes would be about the only one, Vlossy to some extent. It always seemed to me that the players he was closest to were Jack and Cotch and also Shaun Grigg.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don’t know if there is any truth in the Dusty rumours but I have been wondering whether if it is true this is the background.
If Cotch, Jack and Shedda go then there aren’t many left who came though with Dusty. Grimes would be about the only one, Vlossy to some extent. It always seemed to me that the players he was closest to were Jack and Cotch and also Shaun Grigg.
Yes, Grimes would be the only other one who came through with Dusty. Picked him up in the PSD. I think Jack and Cotch will go around next year.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
No it aint.

Herpes is for Life.

Syphilis can be Nuked with Antibiotics especially in first and second stage.

:))
Yep. Herpes is a strange virus. I’ve been married for 7 years and suddenly my wife got it. We can’t work out how.

• Love
  • Wow
  • Haha