The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm reading that BIG PHARMA is working on the development of herpes type 1 and 2 mRNA vaccines that could well suppress symptoms very effectively, similar to other viral suppression meds but with the advantage of only taking a vaccine periodically.
Woo hoo. No more cold sores :banana .
Bloody amazing that there's still bugger all vaccine against such a recurring virus. Big Pharma needs to extract the digit, a herpes vax would be worth mega bucks.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I'm reading that BIG PHARMA is working on the development of herpes type 1 and 2 mRNA vaccines that could well suppress symptoms very effectively, similar to other viral suppression meds but with the advantage of only taking a vaccine periodically.
So herpes mid season draft time?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
What? We,re drafting Herpes now? Steer clear of him, I’ve heard he’s pretty inconsistent, only performs spasmodically but when he does he flares up and he’s red hot!

Still he’s got be better than that dud we were gunna draft last year, Bubkes, he’s done nothing.

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
What? We,re drafting Herpes now? Steer clear of him, I’ve heard he’s pretty inconsistent, only performs spasmodically but when he does he flares up and he’s red hot!

Still he’s got be better than that dud we were gunna draft last year, Bubkes, he’s done nothing.
I’ve got herpes in my fantasy team. Yes, he can be painful to watch but hunts the ball consistently.

:help

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Next year we are clearly an out of the 8 side. Maybe out of the 12.
It depends. It wouldn’t take a lot to extend this list for one more year. In my humble view we need the following:
- clarity around what Martin is doing - stay & commit or go & let’s sort out trade;
- ask Jack & Cotch to go one more year;
- retire Edwards & Lambert.
- trade for two ready made midfielders
- draft at least one key forward
- look for another taller ruck partner for Nank, who can preferably go forward. It may even be Ryan - let’s see over last 6 weeks. Soldo looks cruelled by his knee injury to me.
- re-establish Balta at CHB
- try Gibcus as a forward for 2023. With Tarrant gone after 2023, he can always go back thereafter if forward doesn’t work.
- haven’t looked at contract list for a while, but there’ll be a few delistings to provide $$ cap space.
- imperative that Bolton & Baker be with club for next 5 years.
- bring in at least 2 & maybe 3 new coaches - development, midfield & VFL

Lots to do but it’s achievable. First thing to sort out is Dusty situation.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Next year we are clearly an out of the 8 side. Maybe out of the 12.

Which isn't a bad thing. Means we will keep having access to top picks. We should be looking at Freo and Sydney for how they regenerated their lists across 3-4 years. As many first rounders as possible.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
It depends. It wouldn’t take a lot to extend this list for one more year. In my humble view we need the following:
- clarity around what Martin is doing - stay & commit or go & let’s sort out trade;
- ask Jack & Cotch to go one more year;
- retire Edwards & Lambert.
- trade for two ready made midfielders
- draft at least one key forward
- look for another taller ruck partner for Nank, who can preferably go forward. It may even be Ryan - let’s see over last 6 weeks. Soldo looks cruelled by his knee injury to me.
- re-establish Balta at CHB
- try Gibcus as a forward for 2023. With Tarrant gone after 2023, he can always go back thereafter if forward doesn’t work.
- haven’t looked at contract list for a while, but there’ll be a few delistings to provide $$ cap space.
- imperative that Bolton & Baker be with club for next 5 years.
- bring in at least 2 & maybe 3 new coaches - development, midfield & VFL

Lots to do but it’s achievable. First thing to sort out is Dusty situation.
what dusty situation ?

He is contracted till end of 2024

just because the media are bleating, doesn't mean there is substance

Reactions: 6 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
what dusty situation ?

He is contracted till end of 2024

just because the media are bleating, doesn't mean there is substance
I hope that’s the case - want him to finish his career with us. Vital player and not replaceable. Hopefully the club is fully across the real picture.

However if he did want to leave, then we need to know

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'd have all 3 back in a heart beat. Walk up starting 22
Who would you drop for our 'starting 22' backline for Markov? Rioli or Baker? Or Vlastuin, Broad or Grimes? Balta or Tarrant/Gibcus?
And which wing would you drop for BEllis? KMac or Pickett?

Butler would prob get a game.

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Who would you drop for our 'starting 22' backline for Markov? Rioli or Baker? Or Vlastuin, Broad or Grimes? Balta or Tarrant/Gibcus?
And which wing would you drop for BEllis? KMac or Pickett?

Butler would prob get a game.
Markov would take Ralphsmiths spot a running beast and of course B. Ellis is easily best 22. Get rid of Edwards and replace Soldo with a runner. Shuffle the team around but all 3 good enough to be in our middle of the road side on current output

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
I hope that’s the case - want him to finish his career with us. Vital player and not replaceable. Hopefully the club is fully across the real picture.

You are assuming that the club doesn’t already know.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Dusty is staying IMO, but I'm a nobody who knows nothing about it.

Its misdirection and BS for the sake of filling the media cycle with a guaranteed attention grabbing talking point and click bait.

These dud click baiters (they are not journalists) always leave themselves a way out or plausible deniability when their lies and spin are exposed.

Dusty will probably live in Sydney after he is finished playing which is apparently all he was alluding too in casual conversation with NRL players who were dumb enough to get it wrong and leak it. Then it became world news and the talking point for the rest of the year.

Dustin must just sit back and look at these grubs with complete disdain as he knows damn well what he is and isn't doing whilst these clowns jerk themselves into a coma over what is very possibly a non story. and always has been.

The media are almost feverishly trying to help drive him out of Melbourne to give themselves credibility which the bin dipping maggots have zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Dusty is staying IMO, its misdirection and BS for the sake of filling the media cycle with a guaranteed attention grabbing talking point and click bait.

These dud click baiters (they are not journalists) always leave themselves a way out or plausible deniability when their lies and spin are exposed.

Dusty will probably live in Sydney after he is finished playing which is apparently all he was alluding too in casual conversation with NRL players who were dumb enough to get it wrong and leak it. Then it became world news and the talking point for the rest of the year.

Dustin must just sit back and look at these grubs with complete disdain as he knows damn well what he is and isn't doing whilst these clowns jerk themselves into a coma over what is very possibly a non story. and always has been.

The media are almost feverishly trying to help drive him out of Melbourne to give themselves credibility which the bin dipping maggots have zero.
And if Dusty is staying for at least two more years, let’s put a decent team around him.

Reactions: 2 users