The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ben King should be at the top of Blairs shopping list, is contracted till 2024.
Lynch turns 32 in 2024, King would be the perfect replacement.

Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
We didn’t recruit Taranto and Hopper to play in the seconds
I know, but can't stop thinking of 2017/2018/2019 he was on his game as the ball was going into our forward regularly, he didn't have to chase up the ground. Not saying he will be in the first for most of 2013, but our new robust mids will open, help and enhance our forward line. Can't wait.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Probably not a bad idea bringing in bona fides rather than rolling the Dice on the likes of RCD and Dow ect.
I'm over it Graig. They are the most overrated thing in football.
You spend 37 yrs on the bottom of the ladder, more 1st rounders then GWS and we still don't make finals.
We give away pick 6 and a few others and 12 months later we win a flag.
100% it's AFL Roulette wheel.
I'm soo over it. I find the kids that are drafted later are hunger to succeed and the Rookie kids are like hungry lions.
Lennon, Ellis x2, Dow, Collier Dawkins, Higgins & Vickery that's almost 10 yrs of 1st rounders.
Unless they are a pick 2 or 5 Cotchin or Martin *smile* it trade it..

Reactions: 6 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Jimmy Rowe was delisted from the Crows. He just doesn't work hard enough defensively even though he is a great goal sense type.

I know his dad so I have a bit of a soft spot for the little chubby bogan.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Jimmy Rowe was delisted from the Crows. He just doesn't work hard enough defensively even though he is a great goal sense type.

I know his dad so I have a bit of a soft spot for the little chubby bogan.

Mitch Crowden got cut by the Dockers. He has been an outstanding player at WAFL level.

There was some talk that the Tigers were interested in him a few years ago.

Not sure if we need another bull midfielder, but if we think we do, he might be a chance.

And BTW, he really was a Tigers supporter as a kid, so there is always that.

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I'm over it Graig. They are the most overrated thing in football.
You spend 37 yrs on the bottom of the ladder, more 1st rounders then GWS and we still don't make finals.
We give away pick 6 and a few others and 12 months later we win a flag.
100% it's AFL Roulette wheel.
I'm so over it. I find the kids that are drafted later are hunger to succeed and the Rookie kids are like hungry lions.
Lennon, Ellis x2, Dow, Collier Dawkins, Higgins & Vickery that's almost 10 yrs of 1st rounders.
Unless they are a pick 2 or 5 Cotchin or Martin *smile* it trade it..
Also if you're drafting last or close to last, you're a crap team!! No two ways around it.

Unless you fix the environment of how a club is run, the cycle rinses and repeats. Us, Carltoon and Melbourne have shown it doesn't matter how many top 10 draft picks you have, if you're poorly administered, lack training facilities and coaches going in and out every year or two, you're blowing these kids careers up.

And now St Kilda and the Bummers are the perfect example of saying 'hold my beer' to all the above!! They're terrible and who knows when their cycle ends.

I would be pretty confident if the guys we drafted top 5 or top 10 from years ago, if they went to Richmond today, or instead went to an earlier Hawks and Cats, they'd nearly all have better careers at the end of their time.

Geelong are the perfect example, 16 years now, with no top 5 draft picks, lost Ablett their best player for 5-6 years, yet stayed competitive nearly every year bar one or two. Put the old Richmond board or the current St Kilda/Essendumb/Carltoon board in their place and they'd be doing nothing much.

GWS issues with their drafts are different. They started with around 19 on the list being 1st round picks. This is where I agree with no hunger to succeed, they had no one who had to fight in their junior/late teen years for spots on the list.

No Lamberts, Broads, Grimes, Baker or a Pickett who had to do it the hard way and get knock backs in 2-3-4 drafts. So you can give the Giants every 1st round draft pick like they have again this year, they aren't going anywhere until they find a good bunch of 'hard workers'.

Giants have 16 first rounders on their list, they're adding three more to that this year, good luck with that! (That'll take them to 19 first rounders again, same as in 2012)
Richmond have 11 first rounders, the Cats have 5 and three of the Cats 5 first rounders are the three trades they bought in last week!!

No hunger, no fight, no Lambo, Baker or Pickett might!! ;)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I know, but can't stop thinking of 2017/2018/2019 he was on his game as the ball was going into our forward regularly, he didn't have to chase up the ground. Not saying he will be in the first for most of 2013, but our new robust mids will open, help and enhance our forward line. Can't wait.
But then George has to kick it or handball it. Therein lays the problem