The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

My boy Cooper Murley is an unrestricted free agent after Collingwood delisted and re-rookied him last year. Has played mostly as a small forward or wing at VFL level, and while he hasn't set the world alight, he is very light and from reports has been progressing well. Let's get him.

Pies delisted him today. I liked him in his draft year too.

Poor bastard he has nothing to work with this year. Our players are worthless in the open market. We haven't got draft picks and he can't play the ukulele.
Quite 2 weeks

Poor bastard he has nothing to work with this year. Our players are worthless in the open market. We haven't got draft picks and he can't play the ukulele.
Quite 2 weeks
I'll correct this.

The players we'd be happy to give up havelow value. We have some talent we could trade, but I think we're looking to keep competitive rather than bottom out, so little chance we're going to let good talent walk for picks.

Reactions: 5 users
I'll correct this.

The players we'd be happy to give up havelow value. We have some talent we could trade, but I think we're looking to keep competitive rather than bottom out, so little chance we're going to let good talent walk for picks.
Agree General, this appears to be the plan.

I think we’ll bottom out anyway, however.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Quite 2 weeks
Gone to hang out with Hardwick for a week on the Goldie and check out all Damo's new toys.

Not required for trade week.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree General, this appears to be the plan.

I think we’ll bottom out anyway, however.
I think you're right. We don't have NSW Academy picks nor the great country lifestyle of Geelong ( :rolleyes: :unsure:;):whistle:) to keep wooing players for nothing

Should be sitting back a smoking a pipe.

Done a very good job.

Turned *smile* into strawberry jam.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Should be sitting back a smoking a pipe.

Done a very good job.

Turned *smile* into strawberry jam.

I agree. Has done a great job. Strengthened our hand in this draft, and next years, brought in a young tall forward and we only lost Soldo. It may expose us a little, but we needed to trade someone with currency and Soldo was probably the one we could afford to lose.

Overall the trade period started with 29, 50 and 68 and has ended as:

In 41, 65, Koschitzke, F2 (Freo), F4 (Port)
Out Soldo, Nyoun, 50

Not bad indeed.

Reactions: 8 users
Remains to be seen whether our team will improve, but I don't think we could have don't any better with our draft hand and trades than we've done. Kudos to Blair.

Reactions: 14 users
Summary

Players

For soldo and Nyuon
We received Koschitzke

Draft Picks

For pick 50

We got
Pick 41
Pick 65
a future second-round pick (tied to Frem)
and a future junk pick

We haven't improved.
Even the biggest 1eyed supporters can see we haven't improved.
Kosi helps, because we desperately needed a player that could take a pack mark or a down the line mark.
We kept too many that shouldve been shown the door.
Next October, I can see 8-10 players gone.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
We haven't improved.
Kosi helps, because we desperately needed a player that could take a pack mark or a down the line mark.
We have a young batch that need experience - the improvement will come from within, hopefully.
We are not in the premiership window thus grabbing experienced retreads was not the strategy.
2024 will be a year where we should find out if some of those young players are going to make it.

Reactions: 1 users
We have a young batch that need experience - the improvement will come from within, hopefully.
We are not in the premiership window thus grabbing experienced retreads was not the strategy.
2024 will be a year where we should find out if some of those young players are going to make it.

We didn't have many draft picks so I think it was the right decision to hold the squad together and give Yze the chance to review them all. We'll still have 5 new players on the books for next year.

If some of the guys don't come on this year, then we will see a fairly large movement in players moving off the list. We've planned for this, you can see that by the number of players we have signed past 2024. We only have 16 players contracted past 2024 so we have plenty of flexibility to decide which way to pivot.

We haven't improved.
i think its our game plan that stopped us from improving. Majority of losses this year we were in it, some up to 3/4 time. Those one quarter lapses hurt us dearly. During those quarters of lapses we did nothing to stop the opposition influence.