The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree and I don't think protect is enough. Our strategy has to be to improve it (unless the AFL in their wisdom change the draft rules this year, which they shouldn't, teams have planned for this based on known rules at the time).

Also agree on moneyball. I like Will Phillips. I'd assume he'd be a bit disappointed to not be getting a game at North but clearly the position they have the most quality in is in midfield, less so for talls at either end of the ground. I reckon he's a moneyball option. Using similar pricing to the Dylan Stephens and Liam Henry deals then a mid 2nd is probably the value.

Stephens was a pick 5 - played around 50% of available games - was borderline best 22 - traded for Pick 44 plus an upgraded pick from 25 to 19
Henry was a pick 7 - played around 50% of available games and was best 22 - traded for a 2nd and a swap of 4ths (not really much value with that being as both are mid table teams)
Philips was a pick 3 - played around 50% of available games and is borderline best 22 - ie. next cab off the rank - a pick in the 25-30 range would probably get him you'd think - I'll watch their game today and keep an eye on him for skills / deficiencies

To answer your question on Phillips - midway through the third qtr, he has had

9 disposals, 1 kick, 8 handballs, 2 turnovers, 2 contested possessions and his pressure rating is low (15)

So for a mid who has been on the ground for 50 of 77 mins, he can’t tackle or pressure or find his own ball and doesn’t kick it either.

Thats your answer as to why he can’t get a regular game at lolnorf.

Reactions: 6 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Anyone keeping tabs on how Neil Erasmus is going at Freo?

Had big wraps but haven't heard much. Maybe isn't getting a look as Freo's mids are pretty much set.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
To answer your question on Phillips - midway through the third qtr, he has had

9 disposals, 1 kick, 8 handballs, 2 turnovers, 2 contested possessions and his pressure rating is low (15)

So for a mid who has been on the ground for 50 of 77 mins, he can’t tackle or pressure or find his own ball and doesn’t kick it either.

Thats your answer as to why he can’t get a regular game at lolnorf.
Sounds like a poor mans Thomson Dow.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
W

Well, what do you expect, none of those 25 will be playing in 37 years time.

Question is, will you still be around to watch it.
FMD I hope not. If I was still alive I'd be way to old to even realise it'd actually happened never mind being able to enjoy it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Not so sure about us refusing to let Soldo go at the end of 22. I think it was to GWS and the other way around.. We were trying to get him there as part of our dealing over Hopper and Taranto, to which offer GWS ultimately said no. Which led to a turnaround by us, which perhaps better explains why we felt compelled to let him go this time.
After securing Hopper but not having to include Soldo in the trade. We weren't trying to get him there. GWS wanted more from us in trade collateral. We got the trade done without Soldo included. But, Doggies in 21, GWS in 22, Port in 23. We kept him two previous years when he was looking to leave.

Can we put Soldo to bed now, and focus on Blair?

“He was well within his rights to have a look. That’s all part of the process now.

“There’s talk of a five-man interchange (next season) and playing two rucks . . . we’ve toyed with that in the past.

“Ivan got a pretty hefty offer from the Western Bulldogs at the end of last year and we spoke to him about that and, in a roundabout way, convinced him to stay."

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
He was going but he wasn't leaving by the PSD. He wasn't up to Free Agency. Does that not raise the possibility that we were still in a position to benefit from a trade. Port should have been even more "excited" about that possibility 12 months on.
Uncontracted Port would offer us a 3rd if we're lucky.:rolleyes:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sounds like LDU at lolnorf is probably looking elsewhere.

This year or next when he becomes a FA?

If we can get a good draft hand and add him as a FA next year we'd be doing great in our rebuild. I mentioned him on another thread I think. He'd certainly be the one I'd be talking to. Same age as Balta / Miller. 1 year older than Taranto / Bolton.

Good group to build that core around and can bring the young guns in that we get this year with them.

Reactions: 2 users