The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This year or next when he becomes a FA?

If we can get a good draft hand and add him as a FA next year we'd be doing great in our rebuild. I mentioned him on another thread I think. He'd certainly be the one I'd be talking to. Same age as Balta / Miller. 1 year older than Taranto / Bolton.

Good group to build that core around and can bring the young guns in that we get this year with them.
Next year.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Next year.

Nice. I hope we are all over him. Hit the draft this year, hit FA next year.

I'd maybe look at doing a double swoop on North. LDU and Xerri as free agents next year. Add to our midfield and get a short term replacement for Nank (depends obviously on our Samson is going).

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nice. I hope we are all over him. Hit the draft this year, hit FA next year.

I'd maybe look at doing a double swoop on North. LDU and Xerri as free agents next year. Add to our midfield and get a short term replacement for Nank (depends obviously on our Samson is going).
I want us to get Larkey.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Also Larkey made a big deal out of not wanting to be one of those players who goes to a club via trade to win a flag. It will be more satisfying if he stays where he is and earns it that way.

Uh huh.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Also Larkey made a big deal out of not wanting to be one of those players who goes to a club via trade to win a flag. It will be more satisfying if he stays where he is and earns it that way.

Uh huh.
Grandpa Larkey won’t be playing then if he stays at lolnorf

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
This year or next when he becomes a FA?

If we can get a good draft hand and add him as a FA next year we'd be doing great in our rebuild. I mentioned him on another thread I think. He'd certainly be the one I'd be talking to. Same age as Balta / Miller. 1 year older than Taranto / Bolton.

Good group to build that core around and can bring the young guns in that we get this year with them.
Younger than Tatanto and Bolton (1998)
Same age as Balta Miller (1999)

Dont need Xerri.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No Free Agent will come to us today.
We don't need any this year anyway.
Your not paying Mcluggage 1.2 million
To come to us, Tarranto is better.
We need to find the Acres, Hewitt's and Kennedy types 450-600k types.
We need speed.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Problem is anyone even half decent goes up for free agency and they're suddenly worth at least 800K

Absolutely! There is a big Free agency surcharge for anyone half decent.

LDU will be fielding offers of well over $1m a year for 7+ years.

He'll be the clubs highest paid (or equal to Shai) if we were to get him.

That's the downside to FA.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Blair loses a few brownie points for Kosi.
Why? He was a pure back up option. Who would you have taken of those that were deemed available?
Was worth a punt and hasn’t and doesn’t look like working so far but still, it’s only round 7 and the guys only been at the club for 5 minutes, and lost both potential tall forward partners.

Reactions: 3 users