The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
We had no cap space.

I think this is the bottom line.

I'm sure Blair would have kept an eye on them but his hands would have been tied. Maybe if we offloaded Caddy last year but looks like there weren't any takers.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Worpel was fairly rated by us but was too hard to get with our picks. Started his career brilliantly but seems to have stagnated for whatever reason.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Well we should have a good amount of cap space come years end, Shed, Cotch, Jack, Caddy plus 1 or 2 others.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
What are the chances of prying Brayshaw away from Melbourne as he is a restricted free agent?

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s funny how some players seem to just solely play to receive free kicks. Cody Weightman has become my least favourite player for this reason.
Weightman on radio today re his ability to receive so many free kicks:
"There is a skill to it and people won't see that".

What a *smile*.

Reactions: 3 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Might stroll down to Manuka and have a little look at young Tommy.

Very interested in how well he covers the ground.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Callaghan apparently looking the goods.

Yet another mid selected by the GWS. I'll be stuffed if there aren't any decent mids that aren't getting a game at the Giants that we can get on the cheap. How many have they drafted over the years?

Over to you Blair.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
What are the chances of prying Brayshaw away from Melbourne as he is a restricted free agent?
Albeit the Dees' abundance of inside mids, they don't rate Brayshaw as one despite coming third in the brownlow as one. Luke Dunstan's inclusion to cover Viney is evident of this IMO. Or could just be they don't have anyone else to play on the supporting wing to Langdon

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Interested to know others' thoughts on Alex Pearce from Fremantle? Free Agent, given Grimes age and Tarrant looking past his best I wonder if he may be an option as a KPD? Tassie boy, 200 cm 100kg 27 yo in 2023. Injuries seem to be behind him.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Interested to know others' thoughts on Alex Pearce from Fremantle? Free Agent, given Grimes age and Tarrant looking past his best I wonder if he may be an option as a KPD? Tassie boy, 200 cm 100kg 27 yo in 2023. Injuries seem to be behind him.
Too injury prone.
his ankles are held together with sticky tape

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
So were Grimes’ hamstrings, but he overcame that to become one of the premier defenders of the competition
Grimes was 21 yrs old
Pearce is older then Michael Laffy 28 next yr.

We don't need him.

Last edited:

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Grimes was 21 yrs old
Pearce is older then Michael Laffy 28 next yr.

We don't need him.
Agree. We have Gibcus and Biggie who I would give games to ahead of Pearce. I also reckon we end up pushing Balta back again and look to draft some KPF over the next year or two.

Reactions: 1 users