The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Matt crouch will join a Melbourne club next season is the word. Playing SANFL and at odds with the coach.
Can get the pill. Not sure he suits our game plan.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Midfielders, and that includes a top class ruckman. Having seen the advantage Gawn, Darcy, Natanui and Ryder provide at clearances, I would target a top class ruck in addition to running players. No question Nank is a competitive beast but his strength is not winning taps. Clean clearances are gold in AFL right now.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There's a possibility that Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Lambert might not be at Tigerland next year. That's around 1,300 games worth of experience.

At the minimum a key forward and an inside mid should be top priority.

Blair and Co have got their work cut out for them.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
There's a possibility that Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Lambert might not be at Tigerland next year. That's around 1,300 games worth of experience.

It won't be all 4. But 3 will be gone.
If that means a reset, so be it.
We have picks and we will have cap space.

Not sure how Geelong always have room
Dangerflop Smith Dalhouse Higgins Rohan Cameron. Stengle will want more next year.
What's Bilivass, Selsook, Stewart, Fat Guts and Duncan on??
They are linked to The kid from GWS Bruner, Worpal and now I've heard they are 100% going after Degoey.
Something stinks.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Midfielders, and that includes a top class ruckman. Having seen the advantage Gawn, Darcy, Natanui and Ryder provide at clearances, I would target a top class ruck in addition to running players.
There aren't many around. Other than those you mention, who we won't get, who do you suggest?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

It’ll be a juggling act. I assume Lambo and Edwards won’t go on. IF Martin goes then Cotch would probably be pressed to stay on in ‘23. Jack? Geez, the way Dimma spoke it didn’t sound good. But maybe if we lose 3 senior players he,ll be asked to stay on too.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
It won't be all 4. But 3 will be gone.
If that means a reset, so be it.
We have picks and we will have cap space.

Not sure how Geelong always have room
Dangerflop Smith Dalhouse Higgins Rohan Cameron. Stengle will want more next year.
What's Bilivass, Selsook, Stewart, Fat Guts and Duncan on??
They are linked to The kid from GWS Bruner, Worpal and now I've heard they are 100% going after Degoey.
Something stinks.
And don't forget the word on the street is they are right into Brayshaw from Dees. You got to wonder.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It’ll be a juggling act. I assume Lambo and Edwards won’t go on. IF Martin goes then Cotch would probably be pressed to stay on in ‘23. Jack? Geez, the way Dimma spoke it didn’t sound good. But maybe if we lose 3 senior players he,ll be asked to stay on too.
I think a lot will depend on how deep we go into this season.
If we go out of the finals early, or, perish the thought, don't make the finals, my guess would be that Jack would be asked to retire.
Shed and Lambert to retire, and Cotchin goes around again, and hopefully Dusty stays.

I reckon Gibcus has got forward written all over him. He replaces Jack, he's is a better mark than Balta and is a good set shot at goal. He will have learnt a lot playing on key forwards this season, I'm confident he can do it.

Balta and Miller to play down back, and trade in an inside mid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
All the speculation have we or haven't we got cap space?
Houli & Astbury & Rance easy 1.5mil
Lambert & Edwards will definitely go. 1mil
Cotchin & Jack even if they stay no 700k
Caddy 450k free up

Offer Baker 450-500k 4yrs.
No excuses not to go after a quality mid like Tarranto. The way both Hardwick & Balme talked about the senior players makes me think, we will clear alot of cap space, so we are active in bringing in players similar to 17.
My preferences no order Tarranto Green Hopper, Uniake, Mitchell, Crouch
Zurrfart, must be a priority.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
All the speculation have we or haven't we got cap space?
Houli & Astbury & Rance easy 1.5mil
Lambert & Edwards will definitely go. 1mil
Cotchin & Jack even if they stay no 700k
Caddy 450k free up

Offer Baker 450-500k 4yrs.
No excuses not to go after a quality mid like Tarranto. The way both Hardwick & Balme talked about the senior players makes me think, we will clear alot of cap space, so we are active in bringing in players similar to 17.
My preferences no order Tarranto Green Hopper, Uniake, Mitchell, Crouch
Zurrfart, must be a priority.
From Nth, add in Ben McKay ( remember 3 seasons ago when his brother was ordinary) and Taryn Thomas ( rumoured to be unhappy at Nth )

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I think if Martin leaves, both Riewoldt and Cotchin should get another year. For leadership purposes more than anything. You don't want to cut too deep a la Melbourne or Hawthorn.

Reactions: 1 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
My thoughts are that if Cotch goes then Dusty will ask for a move. Those two are very tight and I just cant see Dusty wanting to come to training etc without his best mate there....

Reactions: 2 users