The Don's party Election night thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Don's party Election night thread

Looks like Stewart MacArthur has finally got the boot...he's been in for Corangamite as long as I can remember. Fossil.

Looks like our area will remain Liberal.

rosy23 said:
Looks like Stewart MacArthur has finally got the boot...he's been in for Corangamite as long as I can remember. Fossil.

Looks like our area will remain Liberal.

Are you in a Liberal area Rosy? I would have thought for sure it would be Nats (or Labor).

Ch 9 are saying Labor only need 3 more seats. Could be the earliest victory speech I can recall.

i lived in Corangamite for years and he was well known as a member who was rather limp.

jb03 said:
Are you in a Liberal area Rosy? I would have thought for sure it would be Nats (or Labor).

Ch 9 are saying Labor only need 3 more seats. Could be the earliest victory speech I can recall.

You and Rosy live in the northeast region which is Liberal isn't it?

I'm in the north which is a strong Labor region as is the northwest.

jb03 said:

Yep Lib area jb. Strong National area for state govt. Am happy for it to stay Lib here. Our girl does a good job for the local district and if Labor win it will be good to still have someone in there keeping them honest.

How is everyone following the results? We have Ch 9 on here and they reckon Labor only need 3 more seats. I don't really understand that though when so few votes have been counted and some booths aren't even in yet.

i reckon the ABC coverage is the best. i rate that Antony Greene bloke.

Hey look, we have a jukebox.

first song up is 'Cowgirl in the Sand' by Neil Young and Crazy Horse!

Rock on!

Hello cowgirl in the sand
Is this place
at your command
Can I stay here
for a while
Can I see your
sweet sweet smile
Old enough now
to change your name
When so many love you
is it the same?
It's the woman in you
that makes you want
to play this game.

Hello ruby in the dust
Has your band
begun to rust
After all
the sin we've had
I was hopin' that
we'd turn back
Old enough now
to change your name
When so many love you
is it the same
It's the woman in you
that makes you want
to play this game.

Hello woman of my dreams
This is not
the way it seems
Purple words
on a grey background
To be a woman
and to be turned down
Old enough now
to change your name
When so many love you
is it the same
It's the woman in you
that makes you want
to play this game.

rosy23 said:
Yep Lib area jb. Strong National area for state govt. Am happy for it to stay Lib here. Our girl does a good job for the local district and if Labor win it will be good to still have someone in there keeping them honest.

How is everyone following the results? We have Ch 9 on here and they reckon Labor only need 3 more seats. I don't really understand that though when so few votes have been counted and some booths aren't even in yet.

West Australians have to finish votes by now.

Neil doesn't get much better than that. :hearton Oh to be 18 again, haha.

jukebox-thump!

i'm sick and tired of hearing
things
from uptight-short sighted-
narrow minded hypocritics
all i want is the truth
just give me some truth
i've had enough of reading
things
by nuerotic-pyschotic-
pig headed politicians
all i want is the truth
just give me some truth
no short haired-yellow bellied
son of tricky dicky
is gonna mother hubbard
soft soap me
with just a pocketful of hope
money for dope
money for rope
i'm sick to death of seeing
things
from tight lipped-
condescending -mommies little
chauvinists
all i want is the truth
just give me some truth
i've had enough of watching
scenes
of schizophrenic - ego - centric
- paranoic - prima - donnas
all i want is the truth
just give me some truth

hello all,the brown bombers are oiling the neck,however who do i believe? ch9 has jonny booted but the abc has jonny winning?

Loverboy Georgy Bush is gulping at the throat....................the tears are showing......... ;D

SS, welcome to our party. am about to spike a barrel! u can have the first glass!

ssstone said:
hello all,the brown bombers are oiling the neck,however who do i believe? ch9 has jonny booted but the abc has jonny winning?

NOt sure about that stoney. All channels reporting/predicting a landslide. WIth Johnny losing it will save a by-election.