The Galahs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Galahs

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
There's a nice video story on the site that cannot be named about the first 'world tour' that Harry Beitzel helped get off the ground.

Gives me a better appreciation of the current format in that it's quite a thing looking back at the stars that make up the team. Geez, the 67 Galahs were a cracking team, especially the tiger inclusions.

Funny to see footage of the 66 all Ireland final in black and white. Good fodder for the clash guernsey debate. If you can tell the difference between the maroon and green teams both wearing white shorts, good luck!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
For anyone interested....(coz I'm not....just curious how supercoach messiah Chris Scott went):

AUSTRALIA 0.3.5 0.7.7 1.12.8 2.13.12 (63)
IRELAND 0.4.3 1.6.3 1.8.5 1.13.8 (53)

GOALS
Australia: Fyfe, Shuey
Ireland: M.Murphy

OVERS
Australia: Fyfe 3, Wingard 2, Brown 2, Dangerfield, Zorko, Simpson, Betts, Ryder
Ireland: McManus 7, M.Murphy 4, Sweeney, Geaney

BEST
Australia: Fyfe, Goddard, Dangerfield, Wingard, Simpson, Shuey
Ireland: McManus, M. Murphy, Tuohy, O'Shea

INJURIES
Australia: Pendlebury (finger)
Ireland: Nil

Reports: Nil

Referees: Matt Stevic (Australia), Maurice Deegan (Ireland)

Official crowd: 25,502 at Adelaide Oval

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
There's a nice video story on the site that cannot be named about the first 'world tour' that Harry Beitzel helped get off the ground.

Gives me a better appreciation of the current format in that it's quite a thing looking back at the stars that make up the team. Geez, the 67 Galahs were a cracking team, especially the tiger inclusions.

Funny to see footage of the 66 all Ireland final in black and white. Good fodder for the clash guernsey debate. If you can tell the difference between the maroon and green teams both wearing white shorts, good luck!
Just watched this doco on Stan. So many great players did that tour.

Tigers were Roger Dean, Paddy Guinane, Royce and Billy Barrot.