GAME DAY Tiges vs How I love ya Swanees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges vs How I love ya Swanees

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
After seeing that the Swans struggle with small forwards I am confident that we can pull a win up in Sydney. Good ins too.

Tiges by 22pts

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
In a pretty tight contest for mine, I reckon the Tigers win by three goals. Looking forward to the game as it should give us a better indication of where the Tiges are at. Been a good past month but the Swans should be a sterner test that what we've faced recently.
Jack to kick four and Prestia to star again.

Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
In a pretty tight contest for mine, I reckon the Tigers win by three goals. Looking forward to the game as it should give us a better indication of where the Tiges are at. Been a good past month but the Swans should be a sterner test that what we've faced recently.
Jack to kick four and Prestia to star again.

Agree it will be a slog but not as confident we will win.

We are playing well so it won’t be a repeat of last year at the G - losing Lynch hurts as he has been our main avenue to goal and we haven’t replaced him with another goal kicker In the team. I was hoping he would be replaced with another small forward.

Reckon we need 2 goals from George and him setting up 1 more for us to be a chance - its time he stepped up and this is the game to do it.

Swans will be desperate to turn around their form, desperate for the points as they have Melb next week and they did finish well against the blues last week.

In our favour is that we are not limping to the bye like other seasons, we have momentum and we have Dusty.

If these don’t work for us, then I think the Swans home ground gives them the extra 12 points they need to get over the line.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just curious, What’s our record like in Sydney over the last 20 years?

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I’m struggling to see where the goals will come from this week… I’m tipping Jack to kick one and his thread to go from “he’s great to go again” to “he’s running in cement, retire “

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The Swans love the cut the angles and run the ball through the middle of the ground.

Pickett and Macintosh could be the two most important players for us tonight.

Reactions: 7 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
After seeing that the Swans struggle with small forwards I am confident that we can pull a win up in Sydney. Good ins too.

Tiges by 22pts
Funny thing is one half of me reckons we will win.
The other half is in dark side mode and think we might just fall short.
Time will tell and will hope for the best.
Need to contain Heeney, who is a gun.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Funny thing is one half of me reckons we will win.
The other half is in dark side mode and think we might just fall short.
Time will tell and will hope for the best.
Need to contain Heeney, who is a gun.
Our midfield needs to get first hands on the ball, Prestia is key here. If they tag Prestia then who do we have next, Cotch, run Dusty and Shai, or Short through the midfield?

I'd love Gibcus on Buddy and need to be tight on Paps and Heeney.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I’m struggling to see where the goals will come from this week… I’m tipping Jack to kick one and his thread to go from “he’s great to go again” to “he’s running in cement, retire “
From all accounts Sydney are playing tall in the backline and struggle with mobile small forwards, I'll to see this work out for us. Chaos time again?

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Absolute blitzkrieg before a break.
Tiges by 8 to 10 goals.
Not being silly either.
We will thump them

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I think we've got enough dour stoppers to keep their forward line under wraps, including Heeney. The issue is where our goals will come from. We'll need a couple of Shai and Dusty, and hopefully George can get his hands onto the footy early on.

I reckon we'll scrape over the line by a goal.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
dont care if we win 12 to 8. Just need these 4 points to move from the "thereabouts 8" and to top 4 contention. Big game, big night, seasoned players need to come to the party.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Hope the property team have packed plenty of this tonight. Can feel an absolute pounding ahead by the umps with Buddy on the other end.

1-b6535a3463-1315-01-bu.jpg

• Angry
  • Haha

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Just curious, What’s our record like in Sydney over the last 20 years?
2-8 in the last 20 years at the SCG
1-2 in the last 10 years
0-0 in the last 5 years

I'm not sure if it is as much of a fortress for the Swans as is once was with their current style of play.
They are 3-2 this year losing to Brisbane (-24) & Gold Coast (-14).
Wins against Geelong (30), North (11), & Essendon (58).

Reactions: 1 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Ralphsmith not playing in the VFL game so I assume he is the Sub.