The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We get so excited about the little things these days.
Little in points. But the laughs we'll have watching the Cats rage at us having their 1st round pick this year is priceless.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I read somewhere that Geelong are going to recruit Dan Andrews for next year, because he's over 30 and could have shut down Melbourne.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You are all an evil bunch of bast**ds kicking the Cats when they are down. I love it!
The only minuscule pang of guilt comes from the fact acatman1 is a decent poster on PRE.

Reactions: 10 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
What Geelong need is a German coach. They remind me a lot of that English soccer team that for so many years got close, but never close enough to winning the Premiership until they called in a German.

Supporters are quite similar now that I think about it.
Liverpool - Jurgen Klopp?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Yep. I am the same. Always admired Geelong but the game plan of contesting every free they give away, no matter how blatant and constantly appealing for frees has really got my goat. Coupled with the perception of Selwood the brave little warrior who just bleeds for his team and is a saint. Yes, he has bled over the years due to unrivalled skill dropping at the knees when he spots the impeding tackle and getting taken high. Also pushing his arm up to have the tacklers arm slip up. Has been a great player over a long period of time but no saint. Has sniped a few times. Don’t reckon he would be on Bakes chrissy card list. Watch the footage of last years grannie when Selwood has a bit of a go at Bakes off the ball late in the game. Put him down late and went on with it shoving his head into the ground. Umps saw nothing as usual. If you going to show how tough you are have a crack at someone a bit bigger. Try that with McIntosh or Picket and see how you go Joel. The media fawning over him and Dangerfield does my head in. His (selwood) recent high fend when you compare to Greene’s is a good example. Greene a holiday - Joel not even a fine. Nice photo of the Melb players all laughing on Friday night when Selwood was squealing to the umpires…”he took a dive umpire, he took a a dive”..

Hawkins is a superb kick for goal and a big strong player. But how hard is it for him to be suspended? He has got away with more than his fair share over the years.

Dangerfield - very good player. However, has gone missing in some big games over his career when his team needed him. Can absolutely butcher the ball which everyone on PRE points out but you don’t see a lot of media criticism. Don’t have a problem with the Diverfield moniker. Did it again Friday night. Commentators went silent… then a little ‘wasn’t much in that’ from one of them. That was it? Because you don’t criticise Paddy. He is a saint too.

The commentators wanted Rance sent to jail for taking a dive a few years ago. “fine him, suspend him’…it was amazing the headlines and ranting at the time.

Selwood and Dangerfield have mastered the art of the throw in the tackle. Adelaide got the nickname of the ‘crow throwers” a long time ago. Geelong are better.

And there is Salty Scott. finally acknowledges when they are beaten that just maybe the opposition may have deserved the win. But spends most of his pressers talking about how “we didn’t do this well”, we allowed them to do that”we, we,we,we,we”…..

So for the moment, I am looking forward to the tumble down the ladder. I just wish we had their first rounder next year. Might be a top ten pick.

Once they have come back with a bit of humble pie and get back to playing the way they used to. I probably won’t mind them again.
I'll add their fans, they are a truly precious & entitled bunch

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Dirty bunch of snipers n divers. Spend half their time trying to run others over with their gopher's n tripping them with their walking sticks, then moan n complain about nearly falling over all the injured bodies they've left lying around.
Plus Hawkins, i don't recall the last time i saw him in a 1v1 marking or ruck contest where he didn't shove his opponant in the back & he's never called for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Eddie Bax

Tiger Cub
Aug 31, 2014
Nashville, TN
There are many teams in the league I don't like, but none where I've done a backflip in my opinion quite like with the cats. I was born in Geelong's old VFL Murray zone and like a lot of people from the area they were my 'second team', so I was pleased to see them break their premiership drought in 2007.

But I can't stand the ducking, chucking, diving, sniping and free kick whining that has become a core part of their game in the Salty Scott Era and they might just be my most disliked team in the league now. Their culture sucks and I hope they continue to fall short of the ultimate prize for a long time to come.

Reactions: 7 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Plus Hawkins, i don't recall the last time i saw him in a 1v1 marking or ruck contest where he didn't shove his opponant in the back & he's never called for it.
Hands in the back rule seems to be the only recently introduced rule that was reversed, is that another SHocking decision?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Such a shame that the flogging that Salties Sooks copped wasn't at the G in front of all their fans.