The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The Cats have leaked a story saying that a "virus" swept through the team this week!
Priceless!
What a joke of a club.
Someone pointed out that the elderly do get sick!!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
BT and JB seem to have got the arse this weekend. Good times. AndLeppa doing both.
They'd be in quarantine.

After seeing what Garry looked like after 2 weeks of room service, I imagine Taylor will resemble Mr. Creosote

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
This mob literally have an excuse for everything
lying top gun GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geelong: let’s leak the story that some players were ill.

Also Geelong: We have no comment on that matter.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, I agree with a lot of the above, Chris Scott really comes across as an absolute wanker, probably a very good coach but just not very likeable. All that crap last year about the little sniper master and danger deserving a flag, yeah, give me a break - Bob Skilton Jr you could say that about, but danger? Nah, also comes across as unlikeable. Hawkins is a total sniper, how many players has he injured in his career? Very unlikeable. They really are an unlikeable bunch.

After the GF last year I said Geelong would be back and they were a very well run team. They had just led a GF at half time and then they added a couple of decent players. They were back, but, unfortunately for them they were back in the usual way and failed again. Clearly a very good team but just not quite the best. Closer last year though. The drubbing by Melbourne looks a lot worse than the way they lost last year, way less convinced they will be back next year and that list profile looks very bad. Just can't see how they can hang on for more than maybe 1 more year. Even then they will all be one year older and slower so I suspect they will drop to maybe 5-8 next year.

Geelong have been a very well run club. They have issues such as the ageing list and not much in the way of younger players anyone knows anything about because they never get a chance to play. If Miers is the best of their younger crop they are in trouble. But they have been a very well run club, note the past tense? They now have a new CEO, one S Hocking, so we'll see if they continue to be a very well run club.

As for the rule changes, I can almost hear the big big sound coming out of Geelong for shorter games so their geriatrics aren't so worn out by the end of the year. I really hope this does not come to pass. Australian Rules Football has always been a fairly long game, made longer at the moment by the eternity between a goal and the restart and the ruck nomination. There is simply no reason to change the length of games.

DS

One last point - can people never ever call that 1 goal wonder from GWS who went to sleepy hollow Jezza? Jezza is Alex Jesaulenko, and Cameron is not fit to tie his boots.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Aussie Rules isn't akin to soccer leagues where winning premierships is solely dependent on being the first on the ladder at the end of the home & away season. You must win finals for success. In 11 years Salty Scott has only demonstrated that in full once off the back of a dynasty of (sorts) premierships and still a relatively young list at the time 2 years prior

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Fantastic news that Geelong's board is backing Chris Scott as coach.
In Scott's own words......."Happy to do them slowly boys"

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong needs a massive clean out.
You can't go into another season with Henderson Miers Stanley Menogla Dalhouse Rohan and even Blivass.
I could easily add Duncan and Kolomyjazzni.
Shocking list.
The bloke that takes over Scott will need 10 yrs + (Hardwick after Wallace) time to rejuvenate

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Geelong needs a massive clean out.
You can't go into another season with Henderson Miers Stanley Menogla Dalhouse Rohan and even Blivass.
I could easily add Duncan and Kolomyjazzni.
Shocking list.
The bloke that takes over Scott will need 10 yrs + (Hardwick after Wallace) time to rejuvenate
It's an even bigger Job than that. Dimma started while we were at the bottom, they still have to begin the bottom out phase yet. It'll be more like St Kilda post Lyon.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Players aren’t machines. How long before they question the game plan? Chris Scott’s message?

Trouble brewing roll down there and I reckon he’s the type to bail.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Also they don’t have Wells in charge of recruiting now. So they will go backwards in this area as well. So sad to see.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Also they don’t have Wells in charge of recruiting now. So they will go backwards in this area as well. So sad to see.
Not sure that’s as big a loss as you might think. Wells, like many recruiters, did his best work early in his career. That was now 20 years ago and he’s been pretty average for a while now.

Reactions: 1 users