The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
someone should put together a compilation of Scott and his players walking off the ground after every finals defeat. would be great viewing.

And a compilation of his best lines at each losing presser

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
a montage of coaching box freakouts would be nice

Open the video with 2007-2009 Geelong and a comment from someone saying “anyone could coach this team to a flag”.

Flash to 2011 celebrations by Scott in the box.

Then rinse and repeat the following formula for the next 10 years:

Clip 1: Scott calmly and smugly talking up Geelong during the H&A season
Clip 2: Danger flopping in a final
Clip 3: Scott going ballistic in the box
Clip 4: The post-match reaction

It’s incredible how many times this has happened, it wouldn’t even require selective editing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
WTF some feelers put out to our Tyrone Vickery after losing Josh Jenkins

he did have a good preseason game at the Cattery back in the day

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
WTF some feelers put out to our Tyrone Vickery after losing Josh Jenkins

he did have a good preseason game at the Cattery back in the day

Would love to see Big Ty make a comeback in blue and white hoops!

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Open the video with 2007-2009 Geelong and a comment from someone saying “anyone could coach this team to a flag”.

It’s incredible how many times this has happened, it wouldn’t even require selective editing.

Its great isnt it.

I actually believe if it wasn’t for the tigers, the cats would most likely have 2 extra flags now and Scott would be an all time great.

But they didn’t, we did, and as the line between great and dud is not large, Scott is still dreamingly looking across that line to coaches like Hardwick …..

I rewatched the 2017 qual against the cats last night, it’s my all time favourite game of this modern era, the cats threw everything at us, we absorbed over 37 years of pressure and then absolutely smashed them off the park. Since then, we just know we can beat them when it matters and they know it to.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Scotty said they will be back stronger faster and older in 2022.
Has the AFL approved Walking sticks and scooters??

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Its great isnt it.

I actually believe if it wasn’t for the tigers, the cats would most likely have 2 extra flags now and Scott would be an all time great.

But they didn’t, we did, and as the line between great and dud is not large, Scott is still dreamingly looking across that line to coaches like Hardwick …..

I rewatched the 2017 qual against the cats last night, it’s my all time favourite game of this modern era, the cats threw everything at us, we absorbed over 37 years of pressure and then absolutely smashed them off the park. Since then, we just know we can beat them when it matters and they know it to.
100%

Footy can be fickle - sliding doors and all that - but given what happened with that combination of games i.e.
2017 QF
2019 PF
2020 GF
are just glorious wonderful joyful (if I had a thesaurus I’d look for another dozen adjective) happy happy memories

Life changing really

And every time I bump into Geelong supporting mates - even without mentioning footy - I try to remember to wipe a smug smile off my face

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Its great isnt it.

Had to just about choke back tears that night. Hadn’t won a final for decades and had been Geelong’s *smile* for at least 10 years. Game in the balance and Dusty won a one on one with Stewart with Geelong going into attack - ball whizzes up the wing to Prestia standing by himself having an espresso about 10 metres out. Goal and then…..away we went…. And Geelong couldn’t do anything about it………

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Had to just about choke back tears that night. Hadn’t won a final for decades and had been Geelong’s *smile* for at least 10 years. Game in the balance and Dusty won a one on one with Stewart with Geelong going into attack - ball whizzes up the wing to Prestia standing by himself having an espresso about 10 metres out. Goal and then…..away we went…. And Geelong couldn’t do anything about it………
Pivotal actually critical passage of play that one.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I watched those QF highlights for old time sake today.
Didn’t disappoint.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
100%

Footy can be fickle - sliding doors and all that - but given what happened with that combination of games i.e.
2017 QF
2019 PF
2020 GF
are just glorious wonderful joyful (if I had a thesaurus I’d look for another dozen adjective) happy happy memories

Life changing really

And every time I bump into Geelong supporting mates - even without mentioning footy - I try to remember to wipe a smug smile off my face
After all the losses to them over the years these 3 wins in finals have been fantastic. Turning them into our bitches has been one of the great things about our dynasty.

Reactions: 15 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

My favourite is the shot of him in the box with 13:11 to go in the third quarter of the 2020 Grand Final.
We have kicked the last two goals (Martin just before half time and Riewoldt just after).
Castagna has just marked 45 out.
We are still nine points behind but everything about his body language says "We are f***ed".

Enjoy:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Its great isnt it.

Without us G.Rohan would be a Premiership player....

• Love
  • Wow

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Its great isnt it.

That was a great game, the one where we all started to truly believe. IMHO it really should have been done at half time we just couldn't put them away early. it's funny watching it back how they are talking us not winning a Final in 16 yrs & us not beating them in over a decade. it seems odd thinking about all that now.