The Greatest Coincidence in VFL/AFL history? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Greatest Coincidence in VFL/AFL history?

We had a Laffy, Daffy and a Chaffey.
Almost as good as Lilley caught Willy bowled Dilly.

Reactions: 4 users
At the end of 2016 the Hawks gave Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis the arse and then drafted a kid called Mitchell Lewis...

Reactions: 6 users
SHocking was a shocking AFL football operations manager

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Were also called the Mustard Pots.
Hawthorn used to be brown with a gold V, then in 1933 changed to gold with a brown V to reflect the 'Mustard Pots' moniker.

That year they recruited Fred Phillips from St.Kilda to be captain-coach after he'd finished top ten in the previous two Brownlows. However Phillips died aged 27 the week before the season kicked off after dye from the new jumper leaked into a cut on his arm and poisoned his blood. Bit of a marketing disaster...

The following year they reverted to the previous jumper.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Steve Hocking spelt backwards

is

Gnikcoh Evets,

who was a female Serbian wrestler in the 1950's, who was born with labia so large that they could completely engulfed her entire body.

make of that what you will.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
SHocking introduces new rules to to disadvantage the team that keeps knocking his old club out of finals and then guess what, goes back to his old club as the CEO. If that's not a coincidence I don't know what is.

Reactions: 4 users