The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can't stop copying us these pricks. This is what Dimma said.

View attachment 21908

“The best ideas in football can be borrowed, massaged and adopted.

McRae said he latched on to the theme for 2023, Take The Steps, when he was at the foot of one of London’s Tube station stairwells.

The motto? Do the work, take the steps, be present, enjoy the moments.

It was a mantra not too dissimilar to Damien Hardwick’s theme at Richmond in 2017. Hardwick used the steps of climbing Mt Everest as the Tigers’ mission statement.”

I know coaches have to find ways to keep things new and fresh but I personally find these kinda gimmick things quite cringey.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hardwick has always been pretty stubborn, and he had more success as a coach when he was surrounded by experienced assistants who weren’t afraid to challenge him and get him to try things. He was also fortunate to have some out and out champions in his team. There’s more than a few ingredients missing at the GC at present. He’s also worked better when his back is against the wall. By spoon feeding him, the AFL really aren’t helping.

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney

McRae said he latched on to the theme for 2023, Take The Steps, when he was at the foot of one of London’s Tube station stairwells.

It was a mantra not too dissimilar to Damien Hardwick’s theme at Richmond in 2017. Hardwick used the steps of climbing Mt Everest as the Tigers’ mission statement.”

I know coaches have to find ways to keep things new and fresh but I personally find these kinda gimmick things quite cringey.
*smile* that. Escalator or lift every time!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
"I know coaches have to find ways to keep things new and fresh but I personally find these kinda gimmick things quite cringey."

They are simple aphorisms worthy of Forrest Gump. The cringey bit comes when media bloviators hail them as the utterances of genius.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

*smile* that. Escalator or lift every time!
I bet he wouldn’t have said that if he was in the stairwell of the Eiffel Tower or the Empire State Building.
*smile* fraud

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I know coaches have to find ways to keep things new and fresh but I personally find these kinda gimmick things quite cricringey
That's exactly what I reckon.
What happens if the dipshiit Berry doesn't hold the ball for half a hour and Daniher marks 20 out or if hadn't given away the 50.
What bullshitt steps would McCrae be walking up.
This won't last long, what *smile* will he cling to when they start dropping games.
They aren't that good!.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

It all comes down to whether the players buy into it or not.

I thought these messages were quite different.

Take the steps is about doing the work/extras. Not taking the easy path.

Hardwick was about focusing on the process and not the peak. Ie don’t think about the destination think about your next step or you will fall off. That got us through all those narrow losses.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I feel the same, remind me of those dodgy motivational posters.

BTW, apparently this is lolNorth’s slogan this year:
IMG_4888.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users