The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The wheels on the pies bus
Go round and round and round
Then they all fall off.
I hope they fall in a hole for the next 20 years.
I hope they cop the same shitt Melbourne copped after pissing Norm Smith off

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
In clear eyed fairness... he did turn a basket case into a juggernaut... but whole heartedly agree he clung on for maybe 2 years too long

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Good old Collingwood forever
We know how to the play the game.
Side by side we find a way to lose.
And always find a way to bring the club into disrepute.
See ya little Eddie.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Absolute disgrace’: Sam Newman slams Eddie McGuire’s Collingwood exit​

Controversial media personality Sam Newman has branded the treatment of Eddie McGuire an “absolute disgrace” after the Collingwood president’s resignation on Tuesday afternoon.

McGuire faced heated backlash following his response to a damning report that accused Collingwood of fostering “systemic racism”, which ultimately forced him to step down now rather than at the end of the season, as planned.
The 56-year-old fought back tears as he fronted a press conference to announce his resignation.

“I tried my best and I don’t always get it right, but I don’t stop trying,” McGuire said. “Today, effective immediately, I step down from the presidency of the Collingwood Football Club.

“From the moment I became the president of the Collingwood Football Club on my 34th birthday back in 1998, my sole motivation was to heal, unite, inspire and drive a new social conscience, not just into this club, but sport and the community in general and build an organisation that would be a place for opportunity for all people.”

Newman was a longtime panellist on The AFL Footy Show alongside McGuire and the former Geelong ruckman delivered a scathing response to his comrade’s departure.

“It is an absolute disgrace what is happening to Eddie McGuire,” Newman told FIVEaa Adelaide’s Rowey’s Sports Show on Tuesday.

“Eddie McGuire is a great person, a great member of our community here in Melbourne, and in fact, he’s a great Australian.

“He might have erred like everyone might have erred, but he’s tried his heart out to rectify what has gone on at that club.

“It is completely unfair what they’re doing to him, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

“Why would you single him out? He has tried his hardest. He has set up Indigenous foundations at that club.

“This has nothing to do with racism … he is being condemned absolutely unfairly by all and sundry, because they think it’s a great, politically-correct, point-scoring opportunity.

“They’re invested in chaos and division.”

McGuire and veteran AFL reporter Caroline Wilson have endured a love-hate relationship over the years, but the journalist believed the Collingwood boss’ “hubris” contributed to his downfall.

“There were so many things over the past week or so that just went from bad to worse for him,” Wilson told 3AW on Tuesday.

“Even today, unfortunately, there were just a few signs of the hubris that brought him down in the end.

“Everything we say is underlined by the fact we know that he did so much good and that the club, in many ways, is in such a better position ... than when Eddie found it.

“He came to Collingwood so determined to unite all the factions and you couldn’t say, last week, that’s what he’d done.

“You’d have to say last week they were a club savagely divided.

“I think that it’s sad that it’s ended like this for him.

“From people I’ve been talking to today, the one thing they were all united on, in the end, was that he had to go and they couldn’t possibly get past this until he did go.”

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Pies the only club I doubt it. Who will be next ?. Nothing happpened at squeaky clean Dees. Harry O'Brien alias Hereteier Lumumba a indigenous player. Not indingeous to Australia as mummy Brazilian daddy Congolese/Angolan. Upset as he was called Chimp which would be an honour as Bobby Skilton three time Brownlow medal winners ,nickname was Chimp. Bobby should now put in a claim. Ape is insulting to some yet if they go to the zoo with their kids & come across this magnifcent majestic creature in his encolure do they bypass that enclosure ?. Leave that to you.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
In clear eyed fairness... he did turn a basket case into a juggernaut... but whole heartedly agree he clung on for maybe 2 years too long
I remember listening to Mike Sheehan last year talking about Ed and he said his advice to him was to go last year rather than stay on too long. He also said he didn’t expect Ed to listen to him.

Whilst I have zero sympathy for him and he has suffered what he did to many others at the end of the day he is just a mad nuffy supporter and hence not that dissimilar to many of us.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I believe

The quality of Eddies Advocates is more telling than the quantity of his adversaries

see you McGuire.

dont go quietly into the night. turn that vitriol lightening voodoo onto collingwood. fester longtime and loudly. Welease the white-ants.

make it about you, you, you. oh the premierships a *smile*-walk, for the good 'ol Klu Klux Kollingwood

Reactions: 5 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

Controversial media personality Sam Newman has branded the treatment of Eddie McGuire an “absolute disgrace” after the Collingwood president’s resignation on Tuesday afternoon.

McGuire faced heated backlash following his response to a damning report that accused Collingwood of fostering “systemic racism”, which ultimately forced him to step down now rather than at the end of the season, as planned.
The 56-year-old fought back tears as he fronted a press conference to announce his resignation.

“I tried my best and I don’t always get it right, but I don’t stop trying,” McGuire said. “Today, effective immediately, I step down from the presidency of the Collingwood Football Club.

“From the moment I became the president of the Collingwood Football Club on my 34th birthday back in 1998, my sole motivation was to heal, unite, inspire and drive a new social conscience, not just into this club, but sport and the community in general and build an organisation that would be a place for opportunity for all people.”

Newman was a longtime panellist on The AFL Footy Show alongside McGuire and the former Geelong ruckman delivered a scathing response to his comrade’s departure.

“It is an absolute disgrace what is happening to Eddie McGuire,” Newman told FIVEaa Adelaide’s Rowey’s Sports Show on Tuesday.

“Eddie McGuire is a great person, a great member of our community here in Melbourne, and in fact, he’s a great Australian.

“He might have erred like everyone might have erred, but he’s tried his heart out to rectify what has gone on at that club.

“It is completely unfair what they’re doing to him, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

“Why would you single him out? He has tried his hardest. He has set up Indigenous foundations at that club.

“This has nothing to do with racism … he is being condemned absolutely unfairly by all and sundry, because they think it’s a great, politically-correct, point-scoring opportunity.

“They’re invested in chaos and division.”

McGuire and veteran AFL reporter Caroline Wilson have endured a love-hate relationship over the years, but the journalist believed the Collingwood boss’ “hubris” contributed to his downfall.

“There were so many things over the past week or so that just went from bad to worse for him,” Wilson told 3AW on Tuesday.

“Even today, unfortunately, there were just a few signs of the hubris that brought him down in the end.

“Everything we say is underlined by the fact we know that he did so much good and that the club, in many ways, is in such a better position ... than when Eddie found it.

“He came to Collingwood so determined to unite all the factions and you couldn’t say, last week, that’s what he’d done.

“You’d have to say last week they were a club savagely divided.

“I think that it’s sad that it’s ended like this for him.

“From people I’ve been talking to today, the one thing they were all united on, in the end, was that he had to go and they couldn’t possibly get past this until he did go.”
Sam is spot on that it became a political witch hunt in the end but what he fails to acknowledge is that Eddie made a career out of playing the same game. U live by the sword you’‘ll die by it. As usual Caro makes it about her

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sam is spot on that it became a political witch hunt in the end but what he fails to acknowledge is that Eddie made a career out of playing the same game. U live by the sword you’‘ll die by it. As usual Caro makes it about her
He ran out of lives.
Im surprised he was outed because of external review,
With so many contacts even Eddie couldn't influence the outcome.
Eddie isn't racist, he is just a typical knuckle head Collingwood supporter.
Who will be sitting back tonight thinking how the *smile* did a bloke like Harry Obrein bend him over.