The importance of pick 6 in the draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The importance of pick 6 in the draft

tro-boy

Get in my belly
Dec 18, 2002
Melbourne
www.austinpowers.com
A question to be people that know more about the depth of the draft than I do.

If Cooney, Tenace and Sylvia and Bradley are gone by our pick 6 (as I assume they would be), are there other players still available that fit into the mould of player that Richmond so desparately needs.

Put another way, how critical is it to retain our pick 6 in the draft assuming the above players have already gone prior to our pick?

It seems the club have no intention of keeping pick 6.

I dont understand the club at times, they constantly tell us (the supporters) to be patient, and realise that rebuilding will take time, yet they seem intent on looking for quick fixes and constantly indulge in short sighted recruiting.

The club seem confused about which way they are trying to go.

2 names that spring to mind are Lachlan McGhie & Brock McLean, but don't expect to find a Chris Newman (pick 55) or Ty Zantuck (77).

Tro-boy, seeing that the club has stated that they will be targetting inside midfielders and the players you mentioned are already gone the only ones I know that fit that bill are Brock Mclean and Ryley Dunn. Mclean would be too high for no 6 whereas Dunn might be a chance.He plays a bash and crash kinda game but I don't know if he's a genuine ball winner or a crazy mad back flanker.Also his kicking is a slight problem and the last we need is more shoddy kickers.Mclean and Dunn's teams in the under 18s are good chances of making the granny so you've got the chance to see them.

i get the feeling that richmond are scared about the number 6 pick and would rather trade it for a ready made player than pick up another dud player early (fiora, pettifer)

Richmond will trade pick 6 the writing is on the wall they all know we cant break in youngsters like other clubs because of our dud coach.....

bring on 2005!! (2004 is a write off b4 its even started) a change of coach and a breath of fresh air ;D

Maskedman said:
2 names that spring to mind are Lachlan McGhie & Brock McLean, but don't expect to find a Chris Newman (pick 55) or Ty Zantuck (77).

Richmond can still use their second round pick, to draft Lachlan McGhee under the father son rule.

Isnt Geoff Raines son another one Richmond is watching ? I heard he can play. Again, can get via the father son rule