Another Nathan Brown article (TheAge) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Another Nathan Brown article (TheAge)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Sporting Life
By Geoff McClure
September 17, 2003

I think I shanked it!

Regardless of whether Nathan Brown stays with the Western Bulldogs - Richmond and Carlton are two of a reported four clubs that have shown interest in him - at least he will be able to look back at September 2003 with fond memories.

Hey, it's been good fun, what with the Tigers in particular going out of their way to impress him, complete with a helicopter trip that club president Clinton Casey chartered to the swish National golf course at Cape Schanck where a group led by coach Danny Frawley was waiting to play a round with him. Well, at least that was the plan.

The only trouble was, when the boys strolled out on to the first tee, Brown's opening tee shot went awry (one report said it was an "airy"), the Doggie goal ace 'fessing up that he hardly ever plays the game.

In hindsight, perhaps the Tiges would have been better off embarking on a much less expensive - and more orthodox - form of entertainment, and simply shouted him a coffee. Many weeks ago, when Brown was asked on the Sport 927 Big Breakfast program what he would do when he finally quits footy, he said he would like nothing more than being able to spend most of his time enjoying the delights of Lygon Street, sipping lattes and watching the world go by. Much less strenuous than golf, too, hey Brownie?

Again, the 'brains trust' obviously haven't done their homework.
I'm getting that queasy feeling again.
Oh dear, I think I need a drink :p

rosy3 said:
Sporting Life
By Geoff McClure
September 17, 2003

I think I shanked it!

Regardless of whether Nathan Brown stays with the Western Bulldogs - Richmond and Carlton are two of a reported four clubs that have shown interest in him - at least he will be able to look back at September 2003 with fond memories.

Hey, it's been good fun, what with the Tigers in particular going out of their way to impress him, complete with a helicopter trip that club president Clinton Casey chartered to the swish National golf course at Cape Schanck where a group led by coach Danny Frawley was waiting to play a round with him. Well, at least that was the plan.

The only trouble was, when the boys strolled out on to the first tee, Brown's opening tee shot went awry (one report said it was an "airy"), the Doggie goal ace 'fessing up that he hardly ever plays the game.

In hindsight, perhaps the Tiges would have been better off embarking on a much less expensive - and more orthodox - form of entertainment, and simply shouted him a coffee. Many weeks ago, when Brown was asked on the Sport 927 Big Breakfast program what he would do when he finally quits footy, he said he would like nothing more than being able to spend most of his time enjoying the delights of Lygon Street, sipping lattes and watching the world go by. Much less strenuous than golf, too, hey Brownie?
Nah I thinks in hind sight we will look at it differently next time we shall let him loose with a couple of cans of spray paint at punt road and let us see his real talents. and maybe a verse to be read as well.

Does it surprise you that once again those in charge have not done their homework and wasted everyone's time and the clubs money in such an exercise.

You pack of morons!!!!!!!

The more hype I hear about Brown,the more I don't want him.
Unless that player was the Brissy Brown-now that kid has potential.

Hartbalme said:
Again, the 'brains trust' obviously haven't done their homework.
I'm getting that queasy feeling again.
Oh dear, I think I need a drink :p

Is there actually a "brains trust" at Richmond ??? Thats the question