The Joys of being a Tiger | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Joys of being a Tiger

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Spare a thought for some of the other Tiger supporters around the world :-\

ML Baseball - The Detroit Tigers

In a season that takes in 160+ games April through to Sept. These Tigers have the worst record in the majors. As of yesterday having played 115 games they had won 30. For those mathematically minded that's a 26% success rate for 2003. They are on track to record the worst loosing season in Major league history

NFL (american Football) - The Cinncinatti Bengals (as in Bengal Tigers)
In season 2002 my beloved Bengals managed to win a total of 2 games out of 16. A stunning 12.5% success rate. And like my my Richmond Tigers they have been the least successful team of the last 20 odd years in the NFL. So far in the pre-season they have lost ther 1 game 13 to 28

Which brings me back to the Richmond Tigers who after 19 rounds have 7 wins. In the overall scheme of things compared to poor old Detroit and Cinncinatti that is a fantastic 36% winning % in 2003.

How's that for positive ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Hey KL. Are the Bengals still going around?

I though they must have disappeared. I don't really follow it all that much, as you can tell, but I had looked up scores at various times and never saw them mentioned.

Someone from America said they may have merged or some such thing. But she didn't know too much about it.

How come we never hear anything about them? Bit like Richmond I guess. :'(

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I went and watched the Detroit tigers play a couple of weeks ago. They do suck, but got up on the day.
2 things i noticed.
1. they tried hard.
2. They had heaps of home support.

From this my conclusion.
1. most supporters want effort as much as a victory.
2. Baseball supporters are there to have a good time, they just want some sun and a beer.

what can we learn from this?
nothing.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
Hey KL. Are the Bengals still going around?

I though they must have disappeared. I don't really follow it all that much, as you can tell, but I had looked up scores at various times and never saw them mentioned.

Someone from America said they may have merged or some such thing. But she didn't know too much about it.

How come we never hear anything about them? Bit like Richmond I guess. :'(

Yes MC24 The Bengals are still around. They have appointed another new coach for season 2003 (I think their 3rd in 3 years).

The reason we don't here about them I tihink is because they have about 8 games
in the last 3 season.

THey do have some good young players coming through and this new coach has been given 3 years to turn it around and re-build the team.

Gee it does sound all a bit too familar doesn't it :-\

;D

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
koalalill.

I'm having a real bad year.
I'm a Tiger fanatic. I even use to have a YELLOW AND BLACK G.T.S. Monaro.

Where ever there is a team going around as the Tigers, there me team.

Anyone know how the Wilmebarabac Tigers are going this year ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Koalalill said:
Yes MC24 The Bengals are still around.

Gee it does sound all a bit too familar doesn't it :-\

;D

Thanks KL. I'll keep an eye out, now that I know for sure.

The similarities are a bit freaky though. :(

Btw KL, how do you keep up with it all?

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
Btw KL, how do you keep up with it all?

Mostly via the internet - I am currently tracking a baseball game Yankees -v- Kansas City.

Having PayTV is also helps - ESPN and Fox Sports both have baseball & NFL

And of course - forums like this one for the different sports

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Thanks KL. I'm not as keen as you (and being a Richmond supporter is a 24 hour a day job you know), but I'll take note on Fox Sports.