The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Not a music post exactly, but sad to see The Rubber Chicken in South Melbourne shut its doors. The old Water Rat Hotel was a comedy and music venue, hadnt been paying the rent it seems

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
First new music for The Strolling Bones after 18 years.
Actually pretty good. Love the video too..

Apparently some Charlie Watts pre death recordings are used on two songs of the new album and Bill Wyman also has provided a cameo or two.

What songs they are I do not know but It aint Charlie or Bill on Angry. That jazz shuffle and sway that was iconically Charlie Watts and iconically the Stones as much as Keiths guitar and Micks vocals. is missing here but the rythym and drive is strong with a throwback to the Watts snare sound.

Its the Stones man. Its the Stones. Love em or hate em they are truly truly iconic and there aint many who could ever claim to be so.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Apparently some Charlie Watts pre death recordings are used on two songs of the new album and Bill Wyman also has provided a cameo or two.

What songs they are I do not know but It aint Charlie or Bill on Angry. That jazz shuffle and sway that was iconically Charlie Watts and iconically the Stones as much as Keiths guitar and Micks vocals. is missing here but the rythym and drive is strong with a throwback to the Watts snare sound.

Its the Stones man. Its the Stones. Love em or hate em they are truly truly iconic and there aint many who could ever claim to be so.

Haven't listened to this yet, and, as a big Stones fan, I know I will miss Charlie's drumming, it just made their songs different. Jazz drummer in a rock and roll band, who'd have thought of that? But gee does it ever work.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Haven't listened to this yet, and, as a big Stones fan, I know I will miss Charlie's drumming, it just made their songs different. Jazz drummer in a rock and roll band, who'd have thought of that? But gee does it ever work.

DS
Sure does DS (y)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Leathery old bastards still got rock. Not many capable of still producing or being relevant after a handful of years let alone 20 or 30 or 60 years.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Can’t say I’m a fan of The Strokes - they’re ok - but never quite been into them. Bit samey.

However, I came across a song of theirs that doesn’t get much air play that’s pretty cool. Ode to the Mets.

It’s got nothing to do with the New York Mets. It’s about Julian Casablancas’ father John. He wrote it on a train platform after another losing Mets game.

Interesting guy John Casablancas. Some men may say he had the greatest job on earth. He founded Elite Models - perhaps the biggest and most powerful modelling agency in the world for quite a while. Married 2 very young women. Lots of stories, rumours about him.

Song is about Julian’s love-hate relationship with him. Mostly hate.

Cool song. Check it out. As always, play loud.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
ACDC playing back together at the Powertrip Festival last weekend for the first time with Brian Johnson since 2016.
Old rockers never die, they just start looking like Doc Brown from Back to the Future lol.

So awesome.

This was the setlist. A lot of songs!
Would have killed to have seen this.

“If You Want Blood (You’ve Got It)”
“Back In Black”
“Demon Fire” (live debut)
“Shot Down In Flames”
“Thunderstruck”
“Have A Drink On Me”
“Hells Bells”
“Shot In The Dark” (live debut)
“Stiff Upper Lip” (first time since 2003)
“Dirty Deeds Done Cheap”
“Shoot To Thrill”
“Sin City”
“Givin The Dog A Bone”
“Rock ‘n’ Roll Train”
“You Shook Me All Night Long”
“Dog Eat Dog” (first time with Johnson since 2009)
“High Voltage”
“Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be”
“Riff Raff” (first time with Johnson since 1996)
“Highway To Hell”
“Whole Lotta Rosie”
“Let There Be Rock”
“T.N.T.”
“For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)”

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
ACDC playing back together at the Powertrip Festival last weekend for the first time with Brian Johnson since 2016.
Old rockers never die, they just start looking like Doc Brown from Back to the Future lol.

So awesome.

“Back In Black”
“Shot Down In Flames”
“Thunderstruck”
“Have A Drink On Me”
“Hells Bells”
“Dirty Deeds Done Cheap”
“Shoot To Thrill”
“Sin City”
“Givin The Dog A Bone”
“Rock ‘n’ Roll Train”
“High Voltage”
“Highway To Hell”
“Whole Lotta Rosie”
“Let There Be Rock”
“T.N.T.”

No Jailbreak and Who Made Who?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just discovered Citizen Cope - this is crazy good

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The one man band Damien Robitaille is one of the best accounts to follow on X/Twitter.
His solo arrangements to some songs are just incredible. Will take anything on.

I loved this recent version of The Prodigy's classic 'Breathe'.

If you're not familiar with him check already him out.
Early on, got vibes of this bloke:

Barry Morgan from World of Organs.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

So awesome.

“Back In Black”
“Shot Down In Flames”
“Thunderstruck”
“Have A Drink On Me”
“Hells Bells”
“Dirty Deeds Done Cheap”
“Shoot To Thrill”
“Sin City”
“Givin The Dog A Bone”
“Rock ‘n’ Roll Train”
“High Voltage”
“Highway To Hell”
“Whole Lotta Rosie”
“Let There Be Rock”
“T.N.T.”

When you say back together - does that mean only Angus and Brian with some random fill-ins?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Currently watching the 50 years of Mushroom records concert and sad to see Stephen Cummings speak after he had a stroke and Red Symons with a brain injury (looked like Parkinsons a bit)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Currently watching the 50 years of Mushroom records concert and sad to see Stephen Cummings speak after he had a stroke and Red Symons with a brain injury (looked like Parkinsons a bit)
The concert was underwhelming IMO.