The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ann Wilson one of the very best female voices to grace a rock stage and her sister Nancy from Heart and band pull off the impossible.
Playing a cover of Stairway to Heaven As part of a tribute concert to the great Led Zeppelin during a celebration of their career at the Kennedy Centre.
with Jason Bonham on Drums bringing his father to the stage they manage to move the great Robert Plant to tears whilst the Musical Genious himself John Paul Jones and the Maestro Jimmy Page nod in appreciation and recognise a great rendition of their legacy. An emotional moment for the Greats.
Massive kudos to the guitarist who had the worlds most unenviable task of playing the guitar solo directly to the master who wrote it no pressure though.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sleeping Beauty and Back to the Wall were great tunes as well from the Divinyls.

RIP Chrissie.
The Divinyls were a top band with a lot of great songs. My personal favourite is When The Good Die Young.

Chrissie Amphlett was a sensational singer and performer.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
If you love music and have some spare time grab the best headphones you have and listen to this

Then watch this and have your mind blown by the drummer Danny Carey

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
If you are reading this then you are missing the streaming Powderfinger concert on YouTube.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Recently bought this:

Amadjar-min.jpg

Tinariwen: Amadjar.

Good stuff, recorded in the Western Sahara and Mauritania.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I like a wide range of music, rock, country, blues and soul.
I'm a big fan of Dan Penn who is a soul singer, and love his song "Zero Willpower".

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hard to believe ACDCs Back in Black turned 40 on the 25th of July this week.
Still bloody rocks & will never get old.

In some ways I resent the “stadium sound” Mutt Lange brought, but Brian never sounded as good again and the depth is such that a kickarse rock song like Shake A Leg is relegated to an also-ran.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
In some ways I resent the “stadium sound” Mutt Lange brought, but Brian never sounded as good again and the depth is such that a kickarse rock song like Shake A Leg is relegated to an also-ran.
Yep one of the few albums where every track is a (head) banger. Agree on Brian, I think he left it all out there & shredded his voice on this album. A big reason it sounds so good.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Partner went out to help her brother who has MS, clean up his garden and take some shopping.

So time for music, at volume :p

Started with Safe as Milk by Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band, here's some of it:

Great track, also covered by the Cruel Sea. I was listening to my old stereo copy of Safe as Milk, but need to clean the new mono copy and see how it sounds.

Which sort of reminded me of this album:

253215067349.jpg

Bought a mono copy of The Doors self titled debut a few years back and it blows the doors off the stereo mix, which is saying something as the stereo mix is very good.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have to say that the mono mix of Safe as Milk was well worth getting, it is clearer and a superior mix.

It's lockdown, so time to spin some records:

lccd5011_f.jpg

The Rolling Stones: Honolulu 1966. There are some records coming out lately which are live performances and recordings, all from radio shows in the 1960s and apparently out of copyright. I also got The Rolling Stones Melbourne 1966-67. Side one of that is Melbourne off 3UZ and side 2 Paris. Sound is reasonable but not great as you would expect of 1960s live recordings.

banga_dustjacket.jpg

Patti Smith: Banga. Love this album. Had (in fact still have in theory) tickets to see her this year but no tour. I figure they are going to have to refund these sooner or later as I can't see it happening. Lucky I saw her at Bluesfest a few years back, great performer live, real presence.

joshua-tree-u2-e285e8b1-7e82-4c31-80fd-54e8ce092d3a.jpg

U2: The Joshua Tree - been a while, still a good album. Old copy which still has the Brashs price sticker on it.

DS