The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It's a very typical ACDC album but you wouldn't expect anything less.:)
It's as formulaic as anything they've done but expertly delivered. Over the last 30 years they've used albums to launch world tours, which is where the money is. Angus would probably be up for it but not sure about the others.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Interview with Angus Nov 13, if haven't seen it. enjoy.

Gee the questions could've been better, but the absence of scripted answers was interesting. Angus rambled a bit but at least the interviewer had the sense to let him go. He's never been terribly reverential towards Hendrix so that anecdote was interesting.

Hope a good biographer sits down with Angus before it's too late as he's the only one left who knows all the secrets.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Hardly Midnight Oil but this new song has really grown on me. Lyrically brilliant.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hendrix Live In Maui released today (although now unavailable at JB Hi-Fi until late January! :mad:). The long lost shows which provided the soundtrack for the diabolical Rainbow Bridge finally see daylight and are not nearly as bad as expected. Sound issues, drum overdubs and drug-addled milieu notwithstanding, this is as good as Hendrix gets post-1968 IMO. Not even Billy Cox's lumbering bass (some call it "funky") can hold the first set back. A worthwhile release that borders on essential.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just spinning some records tonight, started with this:

Safe_as_Milk.jpg

Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band - Safe as Milk. Recently re-issued mono pressing sounding very clear and dynamic.

A little sample:

DS

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Its raining up here, so I'm gonna

make a 'sounds of success' Spotify list

of the songs played at our 3 recent flags. purely from memory, it goes something like this

help me out with omissions and errors

lose yourself - eminem
time- pink floyd
long way to the top - acdc
mr birghtside - killers

(bit sketchy on this?)

Dance Monkey - Tones and I
to her door - Paul kelly

Sympathy for the Devil (or was it gimme shelter?) - Stones
The joker and the Theif - wolf mother

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The DMA's played in 2020. And some group did a cover of Powderfinger's These Days.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The DMA's played in 2020. And some group did a cover of Powderfinger's These Days.

yeah the live stuff was like Karaoke at The Gabba.

Wolf Mother (who I used to detest) were awesome, but I was pretty underwhelmed by the rest

I was gonna leave covers out? but its a good tune, maybe I should stick it in?

pretty apt - these days turned out nothing like I had planned (except of course for Benny Gale)

benny should do a version these days turned out even better than I had planned at the double flag unfurl?

Mark Zanotti on Bass, Tony Woods on Lead, Paul Bullus on Drums?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Its raining up here, so I'm gonna

make a 'sounds of success' Spotify list

of the songs played at our 3 recent flags. purely from memory, it goes something like this

help me out with omissions and errors

lose yourself - eminem
time- pink floyd
long way to the top - acdc
mr birghtside - killers

(bit sketchy on this?)

Dance Monkey - Tones and I
to her door - Paul kelly

Sympathy for the Devil (or was it gimme shelter?) - Stones
The joker and the Theif - wolf mother
You'd need to incude 'Oh, We're from Tigerland' as well for each year.

• Love

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Love the Fooies too & seen them live a couple of times. ATM though I'd just about watch any international act perform live..
Same Here Mate 2011 AAMI Park up front on side and 2015 Etihad Stadium up in the bleachers 2 Great nights of Rock
My 1st gig in a while coming up next month Jon Stevens Xmas Gift from my mate and his GF