The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
I went to both shows, Monday was absolutely electric, their Stand In Line version was super fast, and Jimmy Sharman's Boxers is a fantastic song to hear live. Wednesday they played a lot of songs you wouldnt normally hear at a gig, they even played Wedding Cake Island

Reactions: 2 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah went Wednesday night, was great to be back at the Palais. As D85 mentioned, they did play a lot of songs you wouldn't normally hear. Wow, forgot how beautiful Wedding Cake Island is. My mate has the playlist, will try to post it although he struggled with a couple of songs.

Kind of regret giving up my tickets to Monday night to a mate, but made him super happy so that's a win.

Here's Monday night's 10,9,8.. in it's entirety:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah went Wednesday night, was great to be back at the Palais. As D85 mentioned, they did play a lot of songs you wouldn't normally hear. Wow, forgot how beautiful Wedding Cake Island is. My mate has the playlist, will try to post it although he struggled with a couple of songs.

Kind of regret giving up my tickets to Monday night to a mate, but made him super happy so that's a win.

Haven’t bootlegged versions come a long way in quality!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haven’t bootlegged versions come a long way in quality!

I have some shockers from years ago, probably worth money but the sound ain't good.

The soundboard recordings which turn up these days can be very good, quite a few now being sold by various small record companies and even turning up in record shops.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight-oil/2022/palais-theatre-melbourne-australia-63b03ae7.html

I went to both, Wednesday was great but Monday was simply next level.

Reactions: 1 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
on the powderworkers page on facebook you can find the audio for download from both monday and wednesday night

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great to hear Rockwiz will be back in 2023 but on Foxtel. Don't know why SBS or ABC didn't take it given how popular it is. Don't even know if it's still filmed at the Espy or not.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Great to hear Rockwiz will be back in 2023 but on Foxtel. Don't know why SBS or ABC didn't take it given how popular it is. Don't even know if it's still filmed at the Espy or not.
Just read the press release and it says 'live studio audience'..... which has me thinking no Espy unfortunately!
Bit like when they took the Front Bar out of the All Nations, albeit a smaller set up but lost something I reckon.
Hopefully they don't *smile* it up as it's a great concept and as like a few other foxtel programs it's eventually aired on FTA.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just read the press release and it says 'live studio audience'..... which has me thinking no Espy unfortunately!
Bit like when they took the Front Bar out of the All Nations, albeit a smaller set up but lost something I reckon.
Hopefully they don't *smile* it up as it's a great concept and as like a few other foxtel programs it's eventually aired on FTA.
Yeah, don't think it'll have the same vibes it did at the Espy. We'll see.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
After losing their way & their sound for a number of years the Chilis sound sooo much better with John Frusciante back on the axe.
Really like this track from the new album 'Return of the Dream Canteen'. Sounding again like classic RHCP.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
I'm not a massive Peppers fan but am a massive Frusciante fan, his solo work is exceptional and varied.

Almost 20yrs ago he released 5 albums in the space of about a year and they are all amazing.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
After losing their way & their sound for a number of years the Chilis sound sooo much better with John Frusciante back on the axe.
Really like this track from the new album 'Return of the Dream Canteen'. Sounding again like classic RHCP.

Very good. Very much in the Californication/By The Way style.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just been listening to this:

d55e7bef-9cd7-4fab-99b8-aae8c74e7bf5.jpg

Vieux Farka Touré Et Khruangbin – Ali

Khruangbin are a band my daughter is familiar with and Vieux Farka Toure is the son of Ali Farka Toure who is a Malian blues player I am a big fan of. The songs on this are all covers of Ali Farka Toure songs and, while quite different and certainly less sparse than the originals, are great covers. A great album, and check out Ali Farka Toure as well, The River is a masterpiece.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Been listening to this a bit lately, delved into the history of the band and singer, and she's a strange one, but stunning, and a great voice.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Didn't know where else to post this but I just saw this last night on 8 out of 10 cats. Talk about creative. Imagine how much effort Bec Hill puts into these. Funny stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users