The other Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The other Preliminary Final

Why did Grundy keep tapping to his feet in the last? He should have been belting the ball as far as possible.

Pendlebury said a curious thing, that they were looking for a holding the ball in the last five minutes.

Buckley said Collingwood was a better team this year than last, which kinda contradicts Chris Scott.

Reactions: 1 user
Sheesh ... we whinge a bit about how the umpires treat us and the media hate us ... but how would you like to barrack for Collingwood?
Two flags in 61 years and countless heartbreaking finals losses.

First time in a long time I decided to buy The Hun today with yellow & black cover pages, and yet I count only 5 pages on us and 8 on the Scum (who hadn't even played yet!)

I'll save my money next time.

Pendlebury said a curious thing, that they were looking for a holding the ball in the last five minutes.
He really said that? What a bizarre tactic. Umpires generally put the whistle away in the final few minutes too. If you are behind by less than a goal with only minutes remaining i reckon it is silly to be continually diving on the ball.

I can see it now. If we win our 12th the media and social media will all be: "but they only won 2 flags against non-Victorian teams at the G...."

Stuff 'em. If we win the flag, we'll have beaten

1st
2nd (twice)
4th
5th
6th (twice)

since Round 17. It will have been a comprehensive dominance of the other top sides.

If we win...

Reactions: 5 users
I watched a bit of this and then was listening on the radio in the car. Missed the first 20 minutes or so of the last, just updating scores on the phone. What a cracker of a game. But gee, neither side seemed able to trouble the scorers. Collingwood certainly came back in the last and a very tense finish, I saw the last minute or so on a phone.

Must have been a very defensive game. What a result for GWS, they finally make it to the Grand Final, but they certainly looked shot in the last quarter. Were just holding on.

GWS will not be easy next week. They just won a Prelim, no mean feat. But we certainly have an opportunity here, if we play well we should prevail.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Stuff 'em. If we win the flag, we'll have beaten

1st
2nd (twice)
4th
5th
6th (twice)

since Round 17. It will have been a comprehensive dominance of the other top sides.

If we win...

Yes but they were nearly all at the G and they didnt have to travel ;) ( im taking the *smile* )

Sheesh ... we whinge a bit about how the umpires treat us and the media hate us ... but how would you like to barrack for Collingwood?

Exactly.
The club that never gives.
They should be on one flag in 60 years.
How many teams in GF’s have hit the lead with all the momentum and found a way not to win? Only stkilda

please help.

4 Collingwood players haven’t been seen since 4pm yesterday entering the mcg.

Grundy has 71 hit outs and 11 to advantage and they still get slapped.
Bucks might come out of retirement. Adams rubbish, Treloar Tivendale pt2, Sidebottom weak as *smile* footballer

Why did Grundy keep tapping to his feet in the last? He should have been belting the ball as far as possible.

Maybe he was doing it on purpose. He wants 7yrs and they only offered 3.
Grundy doesn’t look like a bloke that has footy as his number 1 priority.

Who is the clown that said Collingwood’s midfield was the best?

*Collingwood 2011 dominate the season and lose a GF because the president wants his best mate to coach the club...
*Collingwood 2018 beat the best team of the season to go into a GF against a interstate side that has been shittt house away from Perth. With NitNat, Shepard and Sniper all missing. They have a 5 goal lead and still find a way to lose.
*Collingwood 2019. At the MCG against a team that has won there twice without 3 of there best 22 missing and once again the find a way to lose.
I actually think that club is cursed.

And even those 2 flags both could’ve been different stories.
In 1990 the draw against WC. Snap for goal Sumich. They Should’ve lost that game.
And in 2010. How many teams with all the momentum in a GF lose with 7 minutes to go? Only flken stkilda.

I’ve heard a rumour Buckley will take Collingwood on a camp.
And they will play the GWS theme song on the Bus.
Where’s Eddie?
He better not go out today, there are some very very very angry pies supporters out there.

Where’s Cox?
Reid :rotfl1 just retire you hack, The Dean Wallis of Collingwood. 23 seasons 150 games.
He should’ve been delisted after the 2011 grand final

I wouldn’t like to be in charge of doing the laundry at Collingwood. There would be at least 15 pairs of undies that would’ve been soiled yesterday afternoon.
Sidebottom change them twice during the game.