The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Terrible news on Symo. Loved him as a player and a commentator

Hopefully my first thoughts are not realised but I know the facts are that a decent percentage of single vehicle crashes are caused by one thing. Let's see what comes out on this

RIP

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Terrible news on Symo. Loved him as a player and a commentator

Hopefully my first thoughts are not realised but I know the facts are that a decent percentage of single vehicle crashes are caused by one thing. Let's see what comes out on this

RIP

Awful news, certainly made my jaw drop when I read that news this morning.

I thought similar to you (took the thoughts back to Frawley) but the article I read did say the car rolled, so potentially a driving mistake.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Awful news, certainly made my jaw drop when I read that news this morning.

I thought similar to you (took the thoughts back to Frawley) but the article I read did say the car rolled, so potentially a driving mistake.
Doesn’t change the outcome of course but it is terrible that these thoughts come to mind

• Sad

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I followed Roy from shield days and even before that with the Commonwealth Bank development program.

Just a freak player and in my mind he is the most complete cricketer I have ever seen. Easily one of the greatest fielders we have seen.

Single handedly saved us in the world cup and for the next world cup he recovered in weeks prior from surgery from a torn pec or rotator cuff.

Gone too soon. Rest in peace mate.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP.

Don't know, lost 3 brillant cricketers and blokes in a very short time.
Is cricket cursed or something? As you said, 3 in a very short time. It's like you get called in for the final operation....

RIP Symo. 44 years old....geez

• Sad

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Country lad. Played on pure instinct. See ball hit ball. Lad. Loved beers, mates and the outback.

This one really hurts. Dean Jones, Warnie, Rod Marsh and Roy. Australian cricket has lost so much recently.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
My favourite cricketer of his time because he always wanted to be in the game. And one of the best fielders of his generation. Would have made a fortune in T20. Terrific commentator and appeared just a generous and friendly knockabout bloke. Regardless of the circumstances it’s just a tragedy.

Reactions: 6 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Just devastating news. He was such a beautiful man, lived a very different life to Warne but also very similar in a lot of personality traits.

So sad that just when he had found a really nice pathway in life it has been taken away. A really heartbreaking time for those guys in the Ponting era, another fallen brother.

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Devastated to hear the terrible news about "ROY"!!

What a talent, what a larrikan what an easy going fella and a down to earth character.

A different cat but a star Cricketer that could've been even better.

The prototype cricketer to the new era was Andrew Symonds.

One of my favourite players.

RIP ROY.

My best to all his family and loved ones.

Geez Bacchus, SK Warne and now Andrew Symonds.

This year can GAGF

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
And his dogs two blue heelers who survived the crash, wouldn‘t leave their owners side.

Dogs, we don’t deserve ‘em.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
And his dogs two blue heelers who survived the crash, wouldn‘t leave their owners side.

Dogs, we don’t deserve ‘em.
You hear that a lot about dogs and their owner.

I remember maybe a year ago, maybe more of a dog that stayed outside a hospital for a long time after he was admitted. Think his owner past away but the dog still remained outside ‘waiting’. Can’t remember which country…

Could be all wrong and I dreamt it all!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You hear that a lot about dogs and their owner.

I remember maybe a year ago, maybe more of a dog that stayed outside a hospital for a long time after he was admitted. Think his owner past away but the dog still remained outside ‘waiting’. Can’t remember which country…

Could be all wrong and I dreamt it all!
There's a Richard Gere movie called Hachiko (a remake of a Japanese movie) where Geres dog (Hachiko) waits for him at the train station where a now dead Gere caught the train from every day for years until he (the dog) dies.

• Sad

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
also Futurama, Fry's dog waits outside the pizzeria where he delivered pizzas from until he dies when Fry goes to the year 3000. Then Fry reconstitutes him from DNA found in the LA tarpools or something

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
also Futurama, Fry's dog waits outside the pizzeria where he delivered pizzas from until he dies when Fry goes to the year 3000. Then Fry reconstitutes him from DNA found in the LA tarpools or something
Man that is a sad scene. Brilliantly written without a humourous release. Underrated show.

Good article here about that episode.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Ricky Gardiner. Guitarist. RiP.

for those of you familiar with Iggy Pops 'The Passenger', Ricky wrote the riff. he also played on Bowies 'Low' album.

• Sad

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Soundgardens Chris Cornell is dead.

What a voice. Devastated..RIP

5 years already. It doesn't seem that long ago.

I found this version of One More Light by Linkin Park, live 2 days after Chris Cornell passed. You can see the pain on Chesters face. Who would have known at the time that Chester would commit suicide just 2 months later on Cornells birthday. Very sad and I loved listening to both bands.

Reactions: 1 users