The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Former Hawthorn ruckman (and brother former Richmond ruck Greg) Paul Dear.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Ah - Bob auditioned for Sonny, but Coppola chose Caan.

Caan turned down some serious roles in his time.

He was the original preference for McMurphy in One Flew over the Cuckoos nest, as well as a key role in MASH. And Coppola ( who he went to Uni with) wanted him in Apocalypse Now, but Caan didn’t want to spend that long in a jungle!

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
To quote a line from Get Smart, he "missed by that much" living to 100.

RIP Larry
Loved the F Troop when I was a kid. RIP Corporal Agarn

Funny you mention Get Smart - Larry played a character on Get Smart once as a lead in an evil psychedelic group called The Groovy Gurus, where the Hoodoo Gurus got their name. There's a credit to Larry on the Gurus' first album

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Funny you mention Get Smart - Larry played a character on Get Smart once as a lead in an evil psychedelic group called The Groovy Gurus, where the Hoodoo Gurus got their name. There's a credit to Larry on the Gurus' first album
And the song that The Groovy Gurus sang ‘Kill Kill Kill’ was later covered by The Painters and Dockers.

Reactions: 1 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
First up thanks for sharing 123cups. It is wonderful you think of PRE as somewhere you can seek help/advice - and you are right

Just thought it was interesting you made the comment "and I'm not sure if I'll even achieve a fraction of what everyone once expected from me." We cannot control what other people think of us or what they expect from us. That is their issue to deal with. What is more important for you is how you think of yourself and what expectations you want to put on yourself. As TBR mentioned above go and seek advice from you GP and get a referral to someone who you can talk to professionally and work these out in your own mind. From your comments it is obvious that you are in a world of self doubt and you need help to clear the fog.

When self doubt has crept in on my world I found helping others to be a way back. Find a not for profit organization somewhere near you and volunteer your time. Might only be an hour a week but these organizations will need the help and you can get some personal satisfaction. You never know what you are seeking may materialize while volunteering.

Just a couple of thoughts. I wish you well on whatever your future path may be.
Have gone through patches of this in my life. And on the theme of volunteering. Sports coaching kids I have found an enormous pick-me-up.

Prior to having my own kids, I coached a lot of athletics to tweens, teens and young adults (some from their tween years right through until they were young adults). And have recently got into coaching 5-6YOs soccer. Never been paid, always a volunteer coach.

There is just something about seeing their happy faces, feeling their enthusiastic energy and seeing their confidence, abilities, tenacity and pure joy grow exponentially, that is infectious. Plus witnessing and feeling the bond and camaraderie they develop with their teammates (and coach) is a beautiful thing. And you get a buzz out of knowing you have facilitated this.

Training days and match/competition days become some of the highlights of my week and I look forward to catching up with them (and their parents).

Reactions: 3 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Also remember the Larry Storch School of Acting, from Married...with Children