The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Archie Roach. Genuinely sad about this one, what a great man. Did it tough

If you haven’t read his book I strongly suggest you read it.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
One of our greatest boxers, Johnny Famechon

One of the best defensive, and counter punching boxers I have ever seen. I've got vivid memories of Johnny knocking Fighting Harada through the ropes in Tokyo.

RIP Johnny.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP to Johnny. Sad thing for me is that I remember more about him 30 years ago when he got hit by the car and suffered a brain injury.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I dont normally get into the idolisation of musicians (or actors, sports people etc) But Archie Roach was different. He was a leader, a story teller, and someone shared knowledge with all of Australia.
I saw him play a few times, i reckon the last time might have about 2009. In a surprise, even to him, Ruby Hunter, who he hadnt seen for a while joined him on stage. It was magic.
He will be missed, but his legacy and influence will live on for a long time.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I dont normally get into the idolisation of musicians (or actors, sports people etc) But Archie Roach was different. He was a leader, a story teller, and someone shared knowledge with all of Australia.
I saw him play a few times, i reckon the last time might have about 2009. In a surprise, even to him, Ruby Hunter, who he hadnt seen for a while joined him on stage. It was magic.
He will be missed, but his legacy and influence will live on for a long time.
I saw him at the Myer music bowl in February 2021. Sat on a chair on stage with a portable oxygen tank.
It was like a farewell concert. Paul Kelly made an appearance and played a few songs with him.
Pretty emotional night because he spoke a lot, tellling stories

Reactions: 2 users

doodle

Tiger Cub
Dec 12, 2020
Rip Johnny, i was his and glenys plumber till a few years back , was def a straight shooter used to call me in and ask me a ton of questions what i have done, and why so expensive lol , he had a great sense of humour will be sadly missed

Reactions: 3 users