The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Magic 4 Weeks as No. 1 on The US Billboard Charts RIP Livvy

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP beautiful lady. I'm really saddened by this one. Fell in love with her watching Grease as a kid, in lust with Physical, and always held her in the highest esteem as a woman of grace, charm, humour and heart. Same age as my mum and reminded me of her a lot.
Same here spook. My love when I was a kid during Grease in the late 70s. I always hoped to find a girlfriend exactly like her. It's amazing this train, it looks like it turned into the Australian music platform......Archie, Judith and now Olivia.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I was hopelessly devoted to Olivia, just a beautiful soul.

RIP Olivia.

Reactions: 9 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
RIP Olivia. This one hurt more than most. Grease such a big part of GenXer's childhood.

As someone on Twitter said we're going to start seeing a lot more notable people passing who were made famous from the 70s onwards by a vast increase in media exposure & marketing on TV, Movies, Music etc over that period.
There will be a lot more of this sense of loss.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP Olivia. This one hurt more than most. Grease such a big part of GenXer's childhood.

As someone on Twitter said we're going to start seeing a lot more notable people passing who were made famous from the 70s onwards by a vast increase in media exposure & marketing on TV, Movies, Music etc over that period.
There will be a lot more of this sense of loss.
Yep. Something I've noticed but still can't adapt to. Maybe because Hookesy (and my Dad) died in 2004.

I suppose with LTRTR also on the train, we start thinking for ourselves at 40 or 50+ at times...

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Gorbachev was so significant, tried, but failed, to make the Soviet Union a more open and free society. Pity how the wrecking ball of neo-liberal fanatacism took over after the cold war and gave everything to the oligarchs and we end up where we are now.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
John Annear came very close.

Hit a reef surfing central indian ocean and died for 4 minutes

And revived.

Hope his 4 minutes were restful and peaceful,

But Johnny's back.