The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Don’t know how this slipped past me but too important to be left unsaid. Tim Page, war photographer of legendary status passed away last month in NSW. Was in the front line of combat, drugs, sex and rock n roll at the age of just 20 in Vietnam in the early 60's. True adventurer. Lived a life. Made Hunter S Thompson look straight.

Took many influential and iconic Vietnam war pics. Anti war pics he would say. Great mate of our legendary war photographer Neil Davis. And also of Sean Flynn - son of Errol - who was murdered by the Khmer Rouge.

YouTube him. Some nice articles to Google too. Legend.
Read a book on Neil Davis some years ago. Extraordinary life.
One crowded hour is the book and it was well worth reading

Last edited:

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
James Casey, Mark Casey's son. Clinton Casey's nephew.
That’s an interesting one. Diabetic ketoacidosis. Seems he simply couldn’t deal with the fact he was diabetic and needed to inject insulin. He suffered the consequences.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
That’s an interesting one. Diabetic ketoacidosis. Seems he simply couldn’t deal with the fact he was diabetic and needed to inject insulin. He suffered the consequences.
How old was he?

Many adolescents find maintenance of an effective insulin regime quite difficult. The same can be said of some adults as well.
However, the advancement of insulin pumps is an incredible asset in diabetes self management.
But having said that, one must embrace the technology and continuously self monitor regardless.
It’s not a simple process of ‘I inject, so I must be fine’.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
How old was he?

Many adolescents find maintenance of an effective insulin regime quite difficult. The same can be said of some adults as well.
However, the advancement of insulin pumps is an incredible asset in diabetes self management.
But having said that, one must embrace the technology and continuously self monitor regardless.

He was 26 Bernie, far too young

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
How old was he?

As TT said, he was 26 and had had T1D for 5 years. I was 23 when diagnosed, so a similar age. It’s led me down the complete opposite path - normal blood sugars and fitter/healthier than ever.

Having said that, it completely dominates my life, 24/7. It’s a *smile* of a thing to have but it’s all about your preparation if you’re going to cope with it.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not a big fan of the social media trend of saying this deceased person would have turned X age on the date of birthday.
When you're dead you don't have any more birthdays.
What's worse is when people post "happy birthday" to a dead person.

No. They're not happy. They're dead.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
What's worse is when people post "happy birthday" to a dead person.

No. They're not happy. They're dead.
I would have agreed 12 months ago. But I have lost a sister and a great cricket mate in the last year. A post wishing them a heavenly birthday I think is a great tribute and a nice way to remember a loved one.

Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
My favourite host on playschool.

Was probably my first TV hero as a kid.

RIP to a legend of Australian TV.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users