The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
You are braver than me TBR, I wouldn't have gone over that quickly.

Definitely not brave, Scoop, younger and more stupid I think. Trip was booked and in our minds it was a *smile* you to the terrorists and if we cancelled they would be winning.

It was a very eerie place though and not much fun. Funnily enough I was there in 2020 when Covid struck and the last few days before flying home were very reminiscent of it in terms of the deserted streets and worry from the locals about their future.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
RIP Robbie Coltrane. Most will remember him for his comedy or the Harry Potter films but I'll remember him most for Cracker, one of my all time favourite crime TV shows.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
RIP Robbie Coltrane. Most will remember him for his comedy or the Harry Potter films but I'll remember him most for Cracker, one of my all time favourite crime TV shows.
I do remember him as Hagrid, but my favourite role of his was the former KGB agent Valentin Sukovsky in the Pierce Brosnan Bonds.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Sad news... never seen a moment of the HP stuff but I imagine he was great. Loved him in Cracker, so aptly titled as it was an absolute cracker of a show.
He was fantastic also in a 4part series called National Treasure as per link

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
*smile*. I loved Cracker as well, and he did a nice cameo in Oceans 12, and a couple of interesting doco series.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP Robbie. I saw a bit of Cracker and liked it. He was funny in that Nuns on the Run film too.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just found out now during the Spring Carnival. RIP Harry White. The great man won 4 Melb Cups in the 70s. I just remember Arwon and Hyperno in the late 70s as I was too young for Think Big (74-75)

• Sad

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Great entertainment talent from way back when, fairly ordinary personal history though. Wonder why the two so often go hand in hand.
Yep. Great entertainer but piece of *smile* of a human. World will spin just fine without him.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
It seems to have not been reported much in the media but former Victorian and Australian "off the wrong foot" fast bowler (and part of the first ever Lillee and Thomson Test opening bowling combination) and VFL umpire Alan "Froggy" Thomson passed away yesterday at the age of 76.
RIP.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It seems to have not been reported much in the media but former Victorian and Australian "off the wrong foot" fast bowler (and part of the first ever Lillee and Thomson Test opening bowling combination) and VFL umpire Alan "Froggy" Thomson passed away yesterday at the age of 76.
RIP.
Foggy was my first coach when I started senior cricket at Surrey Hills 30 odd years ago.

SCAJMW

Tiger Cub
Dec 15, 2008
RIP, Robert Clary aka Corporal Le Beau from Hogan Heroes. Was the last surviving cast member aged 96. What a great show!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users