The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Just found out that Stuart Margolin passed away last week. Not a household name but I am surprised his death did not make more news than it apparently did.
RIP, Angel!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I just read an article about sporting people who died in 2022 and saw the name Alan Froggy Thomson.
The name may not mean much to many but he played 3-4 tests for Australia in the early 1970s and he was also the bowler who took the first wicket in one day international cricket. (Boycott Ct Lawry bld Thomson.)
But his real claim to fame was he has possibly the most unusual bowling action in the history of test cricket

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I just read an article about sporting people who died in 2022 and saw the name Alan Froggy Thomson.
The name may not mean much to many but he played 3-4 tests for Australia in the early 1970s and he was also the bowler who took the first wicket in one day international cricket. (Boycott Ct Lawry bld Thomson.)
But his real claim to fame was he has possibly the most unusual bowling action in the history of test cricket

Off the wrong foot, like Maxie Walker. Was called a Bobby Bitmead when I was a kid.

They reckon he was seriously quick but missed out on playing more because his career crossed a fella by the name of Lillee who was pretty useful.

I know he fell on some hard times a few years ago and the Aussie team boys raised some money for him.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Off the wrong foot, like Maxie Walker. Was called a Bobby Bitmead when I was a kid.

They reckon he was seriously quick but missed out on playing more because his career crossed a fella by the name of Lillee who was pretty useful.

I know he fell on some hard times a few years ago and the Aussie team boys raised some money for him.
Lillee took his place in the test team. We knew his aunt and I met froggy once or twice and was a star struck boy. He bowled a few balls once in a neighbourhood cricket game we used to have with the other kids in the area.

I have a memory of going to VIC v NSW at the MCG with my Dad as a young boy when Sheffield shield was huge and got big crowds when Froggy was at his peak and the crowd loved him.

He died a recluse evidently, sad

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Seeing stuff on Twitter that Barry Round has passed away. I always liked Round as a footballer, even though I only really saw the tail end of his career at the Swans.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Seeing stuff on Twitter that Barry Round has passed away. I always liked Round as a footballer, even though I only really saw the tail end of his career at the Swans.
Funny I should read this just now. Just got out of the car and they had brad hardie just on the radio. He is friends with the Rounds and just got off the phone with Barry’s wife. She is upset hearing this. He is still with us but unfortunately is not in a good way and being looked after in his bed. It doesn’t sound good

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Funny I should read this just now. Just got out of the car and they had brad hardie just on the radio. He is friends with the Rounds and just got off the phone with Barry’s wife. She is upset hearing this. He is still with us but unfortunately is not in a good way and being looked after in his bed. It doesn’t sound good
Just noticed he has passed away. Sad to see this so often nowadays. RIP Bazz.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
A tremendous footballer and leader who was instrumental if not principal in leading South to Sydney in 1982.
Yep, and a great career with Williamstown after. My Swans cuz won't be feeling good today. Had 25 on his South jumper since childhood.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
RIP GOAT.

Need to throw Escape To Victory on today.

Reactions: 1 users