The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
RIP to the actual greatest player of all time.
I have heard some who got to watch both players, tell me that it was a line ball call as to who was the actual better player out of Pele and George Best.

However the fact that George Best was a Northern Ireland international meant that he didn’t get the opportunity to test himself on the world stage of a World Cup finals. Giving Pele the edge.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
RIP Barbara Walters. Dies last week. Bit of a trail blazer as far as female tv hosts go.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Anita Pointer of the Pointer sisters. Not exactly my taste in music but they had some big hits late 70's through to mid 80's

Reactions: 1 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Vale Matron Sloane ............................. my mum never missed that show.
Yeah, I remember it being on my household TV as a child. Pretty much every episode at the peak of it’s popularity. Two times per week it aired in that era. My mother was quite a fan of the show.

The Matron Sloane character reminds me of my own mother’s values and characteristics. Largely stern, no nonsense, believed in discipline and order, while having a compassionate and affectionate side. The stern, but guiding shepherd. Joan Sydney played the role so well.

Reactions: 1 user

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Jeff Beck, brilliant guitarist, aged 78

I’ll have to listen to “Blow by Blow” on vinyl today.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Jeff Beck, brilliant guitarist, aged 78

I’ll have to listen to “Blow by Blow” on vinyl today.
Member of the Yardbirds which was probably the greatest incubator band of all time. Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton were all members.

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Bloody hell! A crush on matron Sloane?! Who else tickled your fancy, Mrs Slocombe?
Ha ha

I’m sorry but I just couldn’t keep my secret any longer.

I guess I just have a thing for women with accents in uniform.

I was about 10 at the time.

All my friends were hot on I either chick from the Dukes of Hazard. I was always more mature and sophisticated than them!

Reactions: 1 users