The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Kella (named after Duncan and Andy) is 9yo waiting. She's been on palliative care since she was given a month to live...almost 2 years ago now. She has a massive tumour in her head She is my dog of a lifetime. We have an incredible bond. She's super intelligent, gentlem, loyal and we've had a lot of fun trialing together.

Judd (he came with the name) is 4. He's a big, tall, dark and handsome boofhead. We re-homed him and he's been a lot of work but we adore the big lug just the same. Also a good obedience dog.

We also have 2 working kelpies. We lost our 16yo labrador Jennie and out 13yo kelpie Ruby this year.

I have my name down for a long haired german shepherd b!tch when a litter is born. Probably get her later next year.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thanks for that info Rosy.

Sorry to hear about Kella. Hope you keep enjoying your time with her and for a while longer.

Judd, really!!!! Ha ha. Sounds opposite to my German I had a long time ago. Jerry- Lee . Softy like a puppy but grown up.

Sad when you lose them! They are like your family. They bond. Loyal. Most times better than humans.

I love the long haired too! Goodluck with her Rosy.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerForce said:
RIP Red Cadeaux.

Sad. Massive risk to take a 10 yo across the world to run in such a long, grueling race. I can't see how it was in done in the best interests of the horse rather than for greed and glory.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Scott Wieland, lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver has passed away overnight. Tragic waste of talent.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
bigwow said:
Scott Wieland, lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver has passed away overnight. Tragic waste of talent.
Never a real fan but a hell of a voice but was tormented by heroin. Agree. A big waste. Had it all but never had "it".

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
bigwow said:

One of the great bands of the 90s. One of the great lead singers of the 90s. Plush, Interstate Love Song, Sex Type Thing merely a few of the awesome songs sung by Scott.

He never really got on top of his demons. Gone too soon.

I wish I had have seen him out front of STP live.

RIP Scott.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've only ever drank one beer in my life and that was when Harry went out of his way to go and get one for me and I was too embarrassed to say I didn't like beer. R.I.P.

snaps truly

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2008
Hobart
I can remember in the early eighties going to the town hall with the family and watching a Harry Butler and Alby Mangle (?) marathon. Awesome Australian documentors.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Stevie Wright, Easybeats frontman and solo artist. Saw an interview ~30 years ago where he looked in terrible shape, did well to get to 68.

RIP

[youtube=560,315]JMPmGbjW8mk[/youtube]

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Stevie Wright, Easybeats frontman and solo artist. Saw an interview ~30 years ago where he looked in terrible shape, did well to get to 68.

RIP
Saw this morning that he recently said he had been off the booze for 20 years and smack for 12. That's 30 years taking heroin if that's the case. Stevie could have been a much bigger star without the drugs and booze.

So much Australian music stemmed from the Easybeats. Harry Vanda, George Young and then of course Malcolm and Angus Young. There was a fantastic documentary about Albert Productions and Ted Albert on recently. Ted Albert was the power behind the Easybeats, AC/DC and all the Harry Vanda/George Young songs of that period.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
So much Australian music stemmed from the Easybeats. Harry Vanda, George Young and then of course Malcolm and Angus Young.

All migrants.

Pretty sure Stevie was talking about the evils of drugs in the interview I saw. Was still at school and it certainly had an effect on me. He was just wrecked, a shambles.

I've got the book about Alberts, must read it one day.

41W%2BQFhPq0L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
All migrants.

Pretty sure Stevie was talking about the evils of drugs in the interview I saw. Was still at school and it certainly had an effect on me. He was just wrecked, a shambles.

41W%2BQFhPq0L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Yeah I saw an interview with Stevie and he was asked if he had regrets and immediately said the drugs. Part of his problem I believe was the electro therapy he received to get him off drugs, did horrible things to him.

That book would be a great read.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Sad to hear. Looks like the drugs and alcohol finally caught up on him.

RIP Stevie. I'm quite sure Evie will get a run a few times today on the radio....I'll remember him in the 2nd part.

[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPveBD6WWXc[/youtube]

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Watched a 2 part doco on Alberts a few months back. It was fantastic. Read your book!