• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

The RIP thread

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Marie Fredriksson from Roxette. 61.

Heavenly bound
Cause heaven's got a number
When she's spinning me around
Kissing is a color
Her loving is a wild dog
She's got the look

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Marie Fredriksson from Roxette. 61.

Heavenly bound
Cause heaven's got a number
When she's spinning me around
Kissing is a color
Her loving is a wild dog
She's got the look
Heard it last night. Remember reading she did battle with cancer. RIP Marie. Sad to see so many in the music industry go.

• Sad

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Heard it last night. Remember reading she did battle with cancer. RIP Marie. Sad to see so many in the music industry go.
Sad news, battled a brain tumour for many years evidently.
Now we have lost 2 great female stars from that era this year. Been listening to some live stuff by the cranberries lately , Delores O’Riordan was a super talent

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Sad news, battled a brain tumour for many years evidently.
Now we have lost 2 great female stars from that era this year. Been listening to some live stuff by the cranberries lately , Delores O’Riordan was a super talent
I still can't believe she's gone.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Geez RIP Marie, battled with brain cancer for quite a few years, was performing even though she had nigh on lost her sight.

:(

Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I somehow always remember him with the 1982 GF. Wasn't he a Tiger supporter like his predecessor Lindsay Thompson or might be wrong?
Can't recall any association with a club and could only find a reference to him attending his first grand final with his father in 1942 (Richmond v Essendon). If he was, it probably wasn't good for anyone's image to publicise it in the 80's.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Can't recall any association with a club and could only find a reference to him attending his first grand final with his father in 1942 (Richmond v Essendon). If he was, it probably wasn't good for anyone's image to publicise it in the 80's.
Happy to be corrected, but somewhere in the back blocks of my brain I reckon he was a Fitzroy supporter.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
RIP Monty Python’s Terry Jones.

“He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!”

One of the great lines by one of the great comics.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I’ve been going through another MP phase recently. Read Eric Idles “sortabiography” which was written 2 years ago and he referred to Jones being ill, watched LOB the other night with my 13yr old daughter and we are seeing Spamalot in May.

Sad news. Only 77.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004

Heard this last night. How many Monty Pythons have we lost in just the last 2 or 3 years?