The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sad news, battled a brain tumour for many years evidently.
Now we have lost 2 great female stars from that era this year. Been listening to some live stuff by the cranberries lately , Delores O’Riordan was a super talent
I still can't believe she's gone.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Geez RIP Marie, battled with brain cancer for quite a few years, was performing even though she had nigh on lost her sight.

:(

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I somehow always remember him with the 1982 GF. Wasn't he a Tiger supporter like his predecessor Lindsay Thompson or might be wrong?

Can't recall any association with a club and could only find a reference to him attending his first grand final with his father in 1942 (Richmond v Essendon). If he was, it probably wasn't good for anyone's image to publicise it in the 80's.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Can't recall any association with a club and could only find a reference to him attending his first grand final with his father in 1942 (Richmond v Essendon). If he was, it probably wasn't good for anyone's image to publicise it in the 80's.
Happy to be corrected, but somewhere in the back blocks of my brain I reckon he was a Fitzroy supporter.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
RIP Monty Python’s Terry Jones.

“He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!”

One of the great lines by one of the great comics.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I’ve been going through another MP phase recently. Read Eric Idles “sortabiography” which was written 2 years ago and he referred to Jones being ill, watched LOB the other night with my 13yr old daughter and we are seeing Spamalot in May.

Sad news. Only 77.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Heard this last night. How many Monty Pythons have we lost in just the last 2 or 3 years?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
RIP to the 3 crew from the USA who were aboard the Lockheed C-130 Hercules air tanker which crashed today while they were fighting fires.
I thank them very much for their efforts.

Reactions: 6 users