The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I don't get the obsession with,getting international horses in the Cup to the Cox Plate to a lesser extent. Seems a wankfest for the VRC committee. Does not help Aus trainers or owners or breeders. Foreign horse don't bring any prize money with them but take plenty home . I had a horse two years ago 26th in the order. 20 years ago would gave been a walk up start after G3 win, placed in two Oaks. And has been proved they have been fooling the handicapper.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I don't get the obsession with,getting international horses in the Cup to the Cox Plate to a lesser extent. Seems a wankfest for the VRC committee. Does not help Aus trainers or owners or breeders. Foreign horse don't bring any prize money with them but take plenty home . I had a horse two years ago 26th in the order. 20 years ago would gave been a walk up start after G3 win, placed in two Oaks. And has been proved they have been fooling the handicapper.

Probably belongs on the racing thread, but in the globalised era it puts Victorian/Australian racing on the map and showcases it to the world. There have been pros and cons... Whichever way you look at it, it's different now.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Peter Starkie original guitarist for Skyhooks at the age of 72

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wow, what a shock, way too young, I was a massive fan of Deano.
RIP Deano

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Real favourite of mine

Wonderful batsman.

210 in India his best.

And the famous Ambrose incident.

Sad .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Great batsman and fieldsman; one of the best short-form batsman ever. Top athlete/cricketer.

Reactions: 1 user
< Golf | Movies >